IGNORED

Registrations data inspector

Brant Herbert

Brant Herbert

I pulled this out of the other thread.

I added some functionality to the registrations Admin page. Mostly putting the results into nice tables, but also some coding changes that will allow me to take some of these reports out the the general population. Soon. Stay tuned for that.

Registrations Inspector

Brant - I rec'd the below PM from Tasker Day. His registration went through fine. Just an FYI.

While registering for the UnRally, I kept getting syntax errors. So, would you mind confirming that you have my info? It is as follows:

Tasker Day

Brant Herbert

Yeah, I had added some code Sunday night to try and detect if they were running with JavaScript disabled (some people do that). I discovered one registration that didn't read correctly, and the possibility that someone could submit without having the fields validated caused me some concern. I tested it locally, but managed to NOT upload all the changes. I saw the problem myself last night and fixed it. And in the process I made it so if you submit with a BoardName containing "xxxxxxxx" its taken as a test submission, so I can test changes I might make without adding extra registrations (which I'm unable to delete at the moment). Tasker Day's registration is in there and accurate.

I'm gonna work on dressing up some of my reports to offer up as general options next.

Oh, I think I stubbed my TOE! First visit looked fine, but I checked back - after registering - and now I get this:

ERROR: bad registration data: /var/www/html/unrally/form/attend/data/register-2003-08-26-3f4bebfe9de35.txt -SKIPPED

Is it something I did? Maybe my cologne?? shocked.gif

Brant Herbert

Aaaaaaahhhhh!!! I put that feature (the error detection and message) in last night to flag when a registration record (saved in a file) can't be read correctly. Your data is there, its just not being read back correctly. I'll fix that tonight. I've had two other registrations that had the same problem that I edited to fixup. The problem is caused by text entered into the comment boxes; if you hit Enter within that box my code breaks. I will fix this!!!!

Brant,

I should've added my wife to my count. She will not be attending any of the planned meals, but will be joining mid morning and staying to mid afternoon. Thanks

Brant Herbert

{scratching head}

Guess I've gotta figure out how to programmatically edit the reg. records.

David, I got one-time help from Josh on that problem I mentioned, which gave me editability to the registrations *defined at that time*, but newly added records are non-editable. The only way I can "edit", per se, is to write a little script that does a read/modify/write operation, with the script hand-tuned to do the edit job at hand. Summary of the previous problem: I'm unable to edit the registration files from my login account on the server, as the files are created by a different user account ("apache") than the one I'm logged in with, and the accounts have different access rights.

Brant Herbert

Denny,

I fixed the problem (fingers crossed) that was causing the error you reported and which was preventing your registration from being counted in the tally. All is well. Now I just need to figure out how to delete duplicates (got one already) and do edits......

Brant Herbert

Update:

1) I solved the problem of not being able to edit registrations.

2) I fixed Murrayg's registration.

3) I deleted the one duplicate

All is well with the world. Mine at least. laugh.gif

Brant,

Is the data inspector available for the membership to see? If so I'm not smart enough to find out how to get there through the Unsite. wink.gif If it is not available do you think it's a good idea for folks to be able to see it? Thanks again for your hard work.

Brant Herbert

No, its not public yet. I'll have it accessible by Saturday with a few links on the Join page, and maybe a link off the "Scoreboard" line on the main page. I need to fine-tune one last report, a listed sorted by state with attendees from that state. Its just a couple minute job, but I haven't got finished it yet.

Archived