IGNORED

Dingle Peninsular

BereIsland

BereIsland

Just got back from Ireland and had a lovely trip with a friend to the Dingle Peninsular. Here's a few pics

Inch Beach

79195315-M.jpg

I think this is the area where they filmed Ryan's Daughter The clouds stayed up on the hills all day.

79263605-M.jpg

On the way home Mick found a way of curing the wind noise from his screen

79264995-M.jpg

Actually he got a flat tyre and there is none one in South Wales on a Sunday morning that could fix it, so the AA recovered his bike back home.

Steve Carter

glad you had a good ride there Steve, did not know that the AA used plugs on tyres??

Thought they would be leaving themselves open to claims about repairing tyres. Not very good that it leaked too. I have plugged a tyre last year, got 2500 miles out of it though.

But at least you had the good weather and the clouds stayed on the hills all day thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

Francois_Dumas
..... so the AA recovered his bike back home.

Steve Carter

And they managed to do it wrong, it seems. That tie-down looks like the way I did it on our trailering out to France last year..... tie-downs on the handlebars?? dopeslap.gifdopeslap.gifeek.gif

Great pictures though ! clap.gif

BereIsland

George, I think the reason the plug failed might be the ultraseal in the tyre, although this should have prevented the tyre from going flat in the first place I wonder if the stuff could have prevented the glue from holding. Mick had to sign a form that said he would not exceed 40mph, and a sticker to that effect was stuck to his bike. A kind of torture me thinks grin.gif

Steve

BereIsland

Francois, that tie down on the handle bars are some leather straps I made that buckle together in the middle and have some heavy duty d rings on the ends. I made them primarily for the Ireland trips on the Swansea Cork ferry that seem to only have ropes for tying the bikes down. Haven't had any problems yet although I have had no bad weather, what problem did you have? Thanks for the kind comments on the pics, not too bad for a bouncing camera.

Steve Carter

Steve, bar type tie downs have been known to kill the heated grips. The favoured tie down point on these bikes is just above the wheel, over the lower 'yoke'. This is below the springs so needs less tension and cannot jump loose as the bike moves on its springs. Be carefull of the brake lines though.

Andy

Francois_Dumas
George, I think the reason the plug failed might be the ultraseal in the tyre, although this should have prevented the tyre from going flat in the first place I wonder if the stuff could have prevented the glue from holding. Mick had to sign a form that said he would not exceed 40mph, and a sticker to that effect was stuck to his bike. A kind of torture me thinks grin.gif

Steve

The handlebar tie-downs damaged my right grip (I still have it, but some of the rubber is gone, and the left signal switch broke because of it (I think).

On my way back I tied the bike down like Andy described... solid as a rock !

BereIsland

Well not at first, there were about 10-15 on the boat going over (nice bunch) but didn't see many others though. but on the way back to Rosslare we met hundreds going the other way.

Steve

Archived