IGNORED

Piaa Ezy-Mount kit....on RTP???

Tschamp

Doesn't look like it will work due to oil cooler fan. Has ayone put this mount on an RTP? Otherwise the used set I bought will have to go up for sale.

Terry,

I thought that the stock RT-P brackets (originally for the red and blue lights) worked great for aux lights, and they fill up the holes in the dash. I've attached a pic of my set up.

Beware, though, that in some states it is illegal to have your aux lights above the level of your headlight. It is that way in CA where I live, but I have yet to be stopped or hassled in any way.

Tom

706386-mini-FtfrLt.jpg.e94b5a08f8a1df98d3f1435ff4155cbb.jpg

What lights are those? Did you have your bike painted silver?

IIRC the lights are PIAA 510's. The small dealer I bought the bike from had purchased 3 RT-P's at auction. He had 2 painted all black, and the one I bought was painted silver.

Good but not great paint job. Looks great from 5-10' away. Works just fine for me since the bike is a daily commuter, so I'm after reliability more than looks.

Tom

I understand that the handlebars hit the backside of the lights (when going lock to lock), but I see that you have after markets on now.....did you have the red/blues when you purchased it?

Pat

I understand that the handlebars hit the backside of the lights (when going lock to lock), but I see that you have after markets on now.....did you have the red/blues when you purchased it?

Pat

Pat,

No lights or brackets on it when I purchased it: Just big holes in the dash where the brackets attach. I bought the new brackets through BMW, and mounted up the lights to the aux battery. They are activated through the Euro light switch on the right side of the bars, as I believe is on all RT-P's.

There is NO contact between the PIAA's I have installed on the stock RT-P brackets, even lock-to-lock.

Tom

Archived