IGNORED

Autocom a Nolan?

rickmoen

Has anyone successfully Autocom'd a Nolan 102 helmet? The microphone boom doesn't want to stay put for me. I've velcro'd the heck out of the boom area, but without much luck. After a while, the boom just flops around. The speakers are also a bit tough fit into their cavities inside the helmet. Ideas? Thanks in advance.

Rick

Has anyone successfully Autocom'd a Nolan 102 helmet? The microphone boom doesn't want to stay put for me. I've velcro'd the heck out of the boom area, but without much luck. After a while, the boom just flops around. The speakers are also a bit tough fit into their cavities inside the helmet. Ideas? Thanks in advance.

Rick

Yes, the helmet speakers were a squeeze. I also Autocomed my Symax and it took 1/4 of the time the Nolan did.

The microphone boom seems to work best if wedged in about even with the top of the face bar on the left side. I didn't velcro, glue or fasten it at all. It is just stuck in there and never moves. crazy.gif Go figure...

I stuck my boom between the cheek pad and the helmet (after using a tool to compress the styrofoam a bit) and only have a problem when I walk away from the bike w/o first disconnecting the cable. dopeslap.gifdopeslap.gif As for the speakers.....installed them only 1 time, and it was a perfect fit....can hear the CB/Intercom/stereo just great!

Pat

To fasten the microphone, I took out the cheek pad, drilled tiny two sets of two tiny holes

in the side of the helmet. Wire tied the boom of the microphone to the inside of helmet,

twisting the wires inside. I used plastic coated round wire, that they sell to tie plants.

On the outside of the helmet only quater inch of the wires showing, maybe 2" apart.

The chinbar will cover the wires in the closed position. This way your microphone is well

secured. Of course you put the cheek pad back when you finished.

It has been working for us without any problem for over two years, or over 20K miles.

Micky, Shoreline, WA

Archived