IGNORED

Tank Bag Suggestions

waltmoe

I am looking for tank bag suggestions for my 2004 RT. I do not want the Big Mak Air bag, I don’t care for the holder having to be mounted on the fuel filler when I’m not using the bag. I only use the bag for road trips.

Does anyone have experience with the Marsee Corona?

I have the Corona bag on my 04 and really like the convience. I would suggest getting the powered bag, this makes it even more versitile.

I really like my Marsee. I also only use a tankbag for long trips, but I leave my bracket on all of the time, most people would not even notice it. I got the 11 liter as opposed to the larger one, those side pockets get in the way when in a parking lot. Great quality bag and plenty big for me. Phil

SAAB93driver

I have the 11L Corona. The map window could be bigger and a the ziplock closure is kind of cheesy however I love the mounting system and used it on my last long trip to the Chicken Rally. It feels like it shouldn't stay on but it stayed rock steady the whole trip.

One caveat, when I first installed it the bag did not line up straight with the bike. I needed to use it the next day and the fix was easy enough but for the money that let me down a little bit, as did the Made in China tag - Marsee used to be made in USA and for the money still should be.

You could also check out sw motech system which looks even better at http://www.twistedthrottle.com but I have no experience with it.

Take a look at RKA tankbags. Good quality. Good design. Great service. No affiliation. Simply a satisfied customer.

If you're like me there are so many options it's difficult to make up your mind on which tank bag to buy. On a recent business trip to Munich I popped in to the Touratech shop and on impulse bought the large tank bag for the 12RT. I like it, fits well and great features.

This doesn't answer your question of course, and my current dilemma is to work out which tyres to buy next. Way too many options.

Of no use.

Cheers,

Bob

I am looking for tank bag suggestions for my 2004 RT. I do not want the Big Mak Air bag, I don’t care for the holder having to be mounted on the fuel filler when I’m not using the bag. I only use the bag for road trips.

Does anyone have experience with the Marsee Corona?

A goodly number of the RT riders, myself included, use the Big Mak Airbag. Click here to see one on a RT. The manufacturer is a board member here and the bags kick butt! thumbsup.gif

Archived