IGNORED

2 GS' & a KLR to the Gap

JohnBryer

My brother in law Eric and friend Kevin and I did a quick over night trip covering about 700 miles in 2 days of riding.

Here we are leaving my place at 7:00am Friday Morning.

77579377-L.jpg

77579257-L.jpg

After a trip through Lincolnton, NC and west to Marion, we ascended NC 80 up to the Blue Ridge Parkway and stopped at Mount Mitchell. Heading south on the BRP, we had to stop and get a picture at the highest point.

77579605-L.jpg

We hit a little rain around Cherokee, but then had an excellent ride on 28 up to Deals Gap. It was quite crowded Friday due to the Honda Hoot going on in Knoxville.

77580353-L.jpg

77580379-L.jpg

Once we got to the base of the Cherohala Skyway, we ran into the worst storm I've ever ridden through. Rain, fog, lightning, and visibility of maybe 40 yards.

Getting ready for the storm.

77580225-L.jpg

Stopping to view the mountains after hitting the high point on the skyway and then starting the descent into Tellico Plains.

77580116-L.jpg

We planned to camp at the Cherohala Cycle resort. When we got there, there were only 5 other people there, so we decided to get cabins instead. It sure made for a better night sleep.

77579909-L.jpg

Heading home Saturday morning, we took a detour to Bald River Falls.

77579732-L.jpg

Last photo of the day, near the high spot on the Cherohala Skyway. We had a perfect ride to this point not seeing 1 other car or bike in our direction the whole way across the Skyway.

77579669-L.jpg

Archived