IGNORED

Smoky Mountains

ahpd1992

Just got back, 1800miles in 5 days (ok, 1300 of it was geting there n back, chicago to knoxville), but I cant say enough about this area of the country. The state of Tennesee should be proud of its roads its as if they asked a biker to design them. My RT ran flawlessly and continued to amaze my group (all on trailered in sportbikes) at the versatility of the machine. If anyone out there is thinking of going to this area all I can say is DO IT, DO IT, DO IT. All in all one of the best motorcycle trips for pure riding and scenery.

Tom

P.S. Yes I slayed the dragon, 3 TIMES!

Just got back, 1800miles in 5 days (ok, 1300 of it was geting there n back, chicago to knoxville), but I cant say enough about this area of the country. The state of Tennesee should be proud of its roads its as if they asked a biker to design them. My RT ran flawlessly and continued to amaze my group (all on trailered in sportbikes) at the versatility of the machine. If anyone out there is thinking of going to this area all I can say is DO IT, DO IT, DO IT. All in all one of the best motorcycle trips for pure riding and scenery.

Tom

P.S. Yes I slayed the dragon, 3 TIMES!

I'll second all of that! The Smoky's start at the end of my driveway so most all of my miles are in a curve. I'm not too sure anyone has really slain the Dragon since it started getting heavy bike traffic. A lot of people have been slain there though. I predict that LEO will eventually end what has been going on there with sport bikes before too long. I've watched it get more and more crowded every year and it can't continue to be a circus much longer before some governmental agency squashes it. Just another opinion.

I remember when not too many people knew it as a recreational road. ooo.gif

I hate to admit this, but I live next door and have never made it over to that great area. It is on my list of things to fix. Thanks for da tale. Did you trailer or did you ride the whole way? It sounds like you were able to keep up quite well with your sportie friends, I'm afraid of you. tongue.gif

I rode down in one day, but took two to get back as my tushy was getting raw from those fine BMW saddles(he said dripping with sarcasm)...BTW I wouldnt be too impressed as the RT is more bike than most of our skills can handle including yours truly

whe i say "slayes the dragon" i meant i made it through without crawling along like all the HD guys...i guess no one really has slain the dragon

Archived