IGNORED

Top case for R1150RT

AZgman

Anyone here have a non-BMW top case on their R1150RT? If so, would you please share what you have and how you like it? I am thinking of getting a GIVI, but I don't want a really large case so was thinking of a Monolock series, but the dealer cannot confirm it will fit with the supplied "universal" mounting plate.

Thanks in advance!

Anyone here have a non-BMW top case on their R1150RT? If so, would you please share what you have and how you like it? I am thinking of getting a GIVI, but I don't want a really large case so was thinking of a Monolock series, but the dealer cannot confirm it will fit with the supplied "universal" mounting plate.

Thanks in advance!

I have a Kappa 48litre topbox - which uses the same mount as the Givi monokey range, it comes out of the same factory but is the budget range. Mine has a specific BMW R1150RT mount which replaces the OEM rack. I have been thinking about getting a smaller case for day-to-day use. The one I have has the optional backrest for SWMBO and the optional high-level brake likght for added safety.

It would be easier to give more specific help if you fill out your Bio a bit more - we don't bite and it is nice to know who you are talking to - and where they live.

Ciao, Andy thumbsup.gif

I just replaced the stock top case with a GIVI V46. It fit my 1100RT with ease with the mounting kit. It is slightly larger than the BMW case but holds about 40% more due to its non-tapered design (top and bottom). It does sit higher on the bike and slightly more aft. It makes a great pillion back rest.

I have a GIVI 46 l and I love it - it also has a backrest for the better half.

It sits higher than the BMW but it looks fine. I like the large built-in reflector (I have not installed the light kit) When stored in the garage, the mounting plate looks very OEM and it very handy too.

I would recommend it very much.

Archived