IGNORED

Corbin seat adjustment issue

Deaner

I would like to try my Corbin on the highest setting on my 1100RT. Problem is it pushes the rear seat too far back so it won't lock. I tried shimming up the locking mechanism but that didn't work. Any suggestions?

Dave_Armstrong

I hope I can help with the Corbin fit problem. A new seat can be a real problem getting it to fit correctly. It is easier after the little rubber pads wear in and get compressed.

The front seat has the two offset tabs that one would think are designed to go over and under the large tab on the rear seat,,,,not really the way the seat is designed to fit. In the middle position the paddles fit as you would think, with the large paddle between the tabs on the front seat.

For the high position, the rear seat paddle fits over the tabs on the front seat and under an adjacent rubber bumper. With some pushing and pulling the rear seat forward you can get it to click into position.

I hope this helps. I tried to muscle the seat in every way to get it to fit, and finally opted for using the seat in the middle position and accepted more ground contact at stop lights as my reward. Good luck, don't give up.

Regards,,,,Dave

dave_albany

I am having the same issue with my R12RT, The hogh position is the trouble too. I emaile dcorbin, no answer as of yet.

dopeslap.gif

I was thinking that the loo[ bracket was not long enough to ingage the locking arm.?

I am having the same issue with my R12RT, The hogh position is the trouble too. I emaile dcorbin, no answer as of yet.

dopeslap.gif

I was thinking that the loo[ bracket was not long enough to ingage the locking arm.?

Let's keep in touch either through this thread or PM's. I'll shoot Corbin an email too.

Dean

I have been struggling with this thing since I first got the bike. I spent about an hour on the problem two days ago. I went on the website to email them, I even called them. They were closed. So while browsing their site I happened on an ingenious thing THE INSTRUCTIONS

I went out side and in about 30 seconds the seat was raised. dopeslap.gif

If anyone needs me I will be banging my head against the wall.

I did a ride-in custom Corbin seat for my 12RT. Works perfectly in the high position. My inseam is about 32" and I can easily flat-foot at stops. Best thing I've put on the bike. And I got the increased seat-to-peg distance I was looking for.

Archived