IGNORED

Moose Tracks

TEWKS

This is a ride I like to take atleast once a year but, without the GS or the F650 before it I may have to stick to the pavement (for now). If you head North on Rt. 16 (Spalding Tpk) and survive the traffic in Conway NH you are rewarded with one of the nicest rides in N.E. Just North of Glen NH you can ride to the top of Mt. Washington, its a 8 mile ride to the top. If it is clear the views won't disapoint. Contine north on 16 to Berlin, from this point you have a choice, continue north on 16 or cross the Androscoggin River and find Parts Rd. I took Parts Rd. which is a hard packed logging road that takes you to Rt. 26 in Errol NH.

100_2591.jpg100_2592.jpg

When you come into the town of Errol you pick up 16 North again. Watch the sides of the road and you will see moose tracks and lots of them. About 10 miles North of Errol I saw this guy.

100_2596.jpg

100_2600.jpg

This dam was on Aziscohos Lake just as you enter Maine.

100_2605.jpg100_2606.jpg

This was camp for the night, it was at Cupsuptic campground on Cupsuptic Lake.

100_2610.jpg

It rained all night and continued until I was half way home the next day. But it was still a great ride.

Pat

Firefight911

He stopped for a pose or was getting ready for a charge. The bike stayed running just in case.

100_2600.jpg

Hey, Rocky! Watch me pull a rabbit out of a hat!!!!!!

Nice photos. Wow, just standing there on the side of the road waiting for a latte!

Beautiful area for sure! Thanks! thumbsup.gif

Wish there was something to show the scale of those animals......they are so big and so impressive....I always gave them as much or more space than the brown bears when I lived in Ak......not sure about stats, but I would be willing to bet that moose kill or injure as many people as do bears.......IMPRESSIVE, HUGE animals....great pic.

Archived