IGNORED

Marty skips the mountains........

Francois_Dumas

Francois_Dumas

...... and in hindsight, did the 'right' thing.

After riding the last 12 kilometers yesterday..... which were also his first 12 on true Alps roads, it quickly became clear that this is not 'his thing'.

Add to that the forecast of two days of thunderstorms in the mountains, and he decided to head back to the highways (which seem to more resemble American roads I guess) and return to Italy and the sun.

It's a shame of course... I took 10 days off to show him around some of the prettiest and most awesome places in Europe.... and now will have to do it alone.

So, from here on you'l have to do with just my ride tales..... and pictures (later, because my dial-up connection is not ideal for managing smugmug wink.gif ).

After Marty left I headed for Italy too, but via the Petit Saint Bernard pass..... the place where the famous Saint Bernard Dogs are from originally.

The rout via Seez and La Rosiere up to the pass must be one of the most popular bike roads. I met dozens of riders in both dorections.... and put have quite a few of them in my pictures.

Weather deteriorated towards the summit, making the tar snakes extremely slippery. And hiding the Mont Blanc from sight.

Still, it was worth it, my first pass this year.... I missed that ! clap.gif

On the way home I had to don my raingear again, and 2 hours after I returned a small hurricane hot our valley. True 'rivers' were coming down the street in front of the house, lightning illuminating the chalets around me.... I was glad I made it home in time.

Photos a bit later folks......

And to Marty..... safe travels, buddy !

Francois

Archived