IGNORED

You can always count on help when you need it.

Bud

Riding up Mt. Evans today I had a small problem. There is a rest area on the left about 1/3rd of the way up. There is a sharp hairpin turn to the right at that location.

Being a flatlander, I wasn't making much time going up. I slowed waaaayyyy down to make the turn. It was banked so much that when I got around the turn the bike went down hill off to the right and onto the shoulder. The pavement is between 2 and 3 inches higher than the shoulder. I tried to get back on the pavement but couldn't get the front tire to go back up.

Stopped the bike to think about the problem. Started the bike back up and when I let out the clutch the rear spun down in about 1 second.

Now I am stuck!!!!!!!!! Not good. Tires about 4 inches from the edge of the pavement. I'm standing on the pavement trying to keep the bike from falling over. Cars and trucks go by and don't stop.

Finally I see a couple of bikes!!!!

HD in front and a BRAND SPANKING NEW GS behind him. (GS has 300 miles on it, brand new). HD goes past a little ways and stops. The GS stops behind me and because of the tilt of the pavement he falls to the right. Bike lands on right side. Rider bounces down some rocks.

I ran back and shut off the engine. The owner and I manage to pick it up even though it is leaning at a 30 degree angle downhill.

Get it back onto the road. Broken right handguard, scratched right head, scratch in the tank area. OUCH

Did I ever feel bad. Tried to offer payment for some of the repairs but was turned down.

He said it wasn't my fault and I told him he wouldn't have stopped if I wasn't stuck.

The three of us got my bike back onto the pavement.

Here is a picture of these two great guys.

1150509830.jpgclap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

I just hope I will be able to pay it back by helping someone else.

I'm glad both of you made it out without injury, and nothing serious smile.gif

Don't take this the wrong way but Awsome story! Or at least the ending. smile.gif

I just hope I will be able to pay it back by helping someone else.

Wonderful story and thank you for posting it. I know many of us have a tale that mirrors this, whereby a fellow rider won't take any monetary compensation, but merely asks that we spread the love. What goes around comes around. Amen.

I glad you made it with out injury. clap.gif Now, pay it back. Great story. I too have to pay it back for kindness shown me on the road.

Archived