IGNORED

Sneak Peek 2025 GSA

TEWKS

I see two sling blades attached to each cylinder head. :dontknow: Gives a new meaning to “blaze new trails”! :spittake:

IMG_0784.thumb.jpeg.ea2ea6b9ed302a0edf90167d4313de01.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
Rougarou

I just see the predators face in that headlight.

Sling Blade Quotes. QuotesGram

• Haha 1
7 minutes ago, Bernie said:

Aren’t those things the highway pegs?

I was trying to figure out if they were the right angle to rest a boot on. :dontknow:

Bernie
6 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

I was trying to figure out if they were the right angle to rest a boot on. :dontknow:

It could be the new secret outriggers for the incorporated lifting device. I think it works together with the hydraulic center stand to lift up the bike, if it should fall over due to gravity?

• Haha 2

IDK, at the moment, it just looks dumb. :dontknow: But, them German engineers often think out of the box. Like, way out of the box! :rofl:

Bernie

Thinking out of the box, it could be the air cooled 12 pack carrier for the craft brewed beverage you are carrying to the campsite? :5146:

• Haha 2

Starbucks double cup holders? :5146: :4323: I better knock it off just in case I have to have one. ;)

• Haha 1
  • Thinking 1
Bernie
Just now, TEWKS said:

Starbucks double cup holders? :5146: :4323: I better knock if off just in case I have to have one. ;)

That does sound like a good idea.

But most likely it is some sort of retractable landing gear.

:4617: But I know what you mean, we better wait for the complete unveiling. It will then all make sense to us.

You think it will be available in Triple Black with Golde rims and shiny spokes? :4322:

:5590:

• Thinking 1

Hopefully in triple black but they can keep the gold rims. :read: :spittake:

• Smile 1
roadscholar

It’s gonna be 30k, you can get a nice 981 for that.

• Plus 1 1
  • Thinking 1
wbw6cos

The production model will, most likely, not have that. :dontknow:

1 hour ago, roadscholar said:

It’s gonna be 30k, you can get a nice 981 for that.

Yeah, I’d have to get really weak in the knees (head over heels in love with the thing) before that kind of money would make sense spending on a bike. :jaw:

12 minutes ago, wbw6cos said:

The production model will, most likely, not have that. :dontknow:

We’re still trying to figure out what “that” is? :dontknow: Ok, it’s probably not the Starbucks cup holders I mentioned earlier. How about grab handles so your buddies can help you pull porky out of the mud? :spittake:

• Smile 1
  • Haha 1
BrianT

I'm guessing the extra crash bar piece is more tipover protection since the GSA is wider at the top than a standard GS.  So if you do drop it, it wont be leaning over as far and create more room for the upper bodywork or handlebars or reduce the chance of rolling all the way over onto the top?  I doubt it would be much help, but I can't think of any other purpose.  No need for a grab handle up front.  Who knows, maybe the GSA side bags are wider and they need wider crash bars up front?

• Like 1

image.gif.a3a9805fc7a258ba93966129633bc1cf.gif

image.jpeg.cd34c6277c0ea597916b632d2f226969.jpeg

A leaked pic on ADVR. Oh man, first thought isn’t a good one. :facepalm:

• Sad 2
roadscholar
1 hour ago, TEWKS said:

image.thumb.jpeg.03c54eab0f7831d087105d9a0a804b68.jpeg

• Like 1
John Ranalletta
1 hour ago, TEWKS said:

image.gif.a3a9805fc7a258ba93966129633bc1cf.gif

Changing its name from "GS" to "The Toaster"?

• Plus 1 1
BrianT

Don't know if this is real, but its similar to the earlier posted pic.  Rallye version of GSA posted on ADVRider and a better view of the side.  If these are accurate, I'm very happy keeping my 1250GS.

GSARally.thumb.jpeg.3d9b1e6ee4febd76eafaa935a195def9.jpeg

• Plus 1 1
8 minutes ago, taylor1 said:

Kinda resembles the Pan American in my eye  :dontknow:

The Pan America is beautiful in comparison. And that until this morning was thought to be an impossible feat. :(

Just now, BrianT said:

Don't know if this is real, but its similar to the earlier posted pic.  Rallye version of GSA posted on ADVRider and a better view of the side.  If these are accurate, I'm very happy keeping 1250GS.

GSARally.thumb.jpeg.3d9b1e6ee4febd76eafaa935a195def9.jpeg

Ya, the willingness of BMW/dealerships to heavily discount the out going model just went in the shitter. 

This is way more awful than my wildest expectations. 

I was talking with the head sales rep at the local dealership a couple months back. He had been to Germany for an early reveal of the new GSA and his impression was that it was hideous. Looks like he was right.

• Plus 1 1
7 minutes ago, EdM said:

I was talking with the head sales rep at the local dealership a couple months back. He had been to Germany for an early reveal of the new GSA and his impression was that it was hideous. Looks like he was right.

I could see one designer liking his baby and I'm not big believer in "group think" but how the hell did this get through to this point? :dontknow: Ya, all my bitching and disapproval, will pretty much guarantee I'll be buying one some day! :rofl:  I doubt it but...

wbw6cos

Perhaps BMW is going to market that bike to a different demographic.   With all the feed back thus far, I reckons it may be to first timer crowd to the marque.  :dontknow:

My  $0.02, which is worth $37.50.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, wbw6cos said:

My  $0.02, which is worth $37.50.

No politics William. :rofl: In 10 minutes, the Facebook Motorrad page is supposed to go live and present the bike. Let’s see if it softens my initial impression.  

• Smile 1
  • Haha 1
John Ranalletta
1 hour ago, TEWKS said:

Ya, the willingness of BMW/dealerships to heavily discount the out going model just went in the shitter. 

This is way more awful than my wildest expectations. 

Doesn't matter 'cause I won't have $35,000 to buy one.:money:

edit.

Go to the 5:23 minute mark, it's hilarious! :rofl:

• Like 2

The panniers defuse the ugliness somewhat. Maybe a matte black finish on this piece might help too. :dontknow:

image.thumb.jpeg.2dae9e298d06720976197188abb18c33.jpeg

roadscholar

It does come in triple black which mutes the boxiness a good bit. A few things to think about though, it's main goal isn't beauty and sleek lines but function, you just can't disguise a 30 liter fuel tank. Two, you're only seeing it in two dimensions so far, in person it's functional attributes should be more palatable or even attractive. Three and this is just me, whenever a new car/motorcycle design debuts and I like it right away it usually fades into anonymity but when it grows on me over time I appreciate it for years to come. And though there are exceptions this may be one of those, we'll see.

2025 bmw r 1300 gs adventure gallery

• Like 1
lkraus

Front view is image.png.5538520eba947f51680395698a6b5995.png

Side view shows all the grace and beauty of the device on my kitchen counter that browns bread.

They've brought back the toaster tank.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

This vid explains what those mystery winglets are for on each crash bar. “Around the world” (or at least to Brad’s house ;) ) tire holders. Also, bags to clip on over the ugly panels on each side of the bike.  See what’s happening here. :spittake:

• Thanks 1
roadscholar

A bit of a shocker because we're used to seeing swoopy lines and chevrons and it's a big departure, form follows function. I'm betting the real GS riders will come around after awhile because they place a priority on how stuff works instead of appearance. That said it does look prepared for it's intended mission.

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, AviP said:

BMW has mastered the art of the ugly!

It almost seems on purpose at times. :/ But, as Bill was saying, it may start to make sense as time goes on. :dontknow:

wbw6cos

Pat, if they threw you the key FOB and said "here, keep it."   Would you?

Spoiler

Yeah, me too.   :ohboy:

• Plus 1 1
  • Smile 1
roadscholar

Life's tough when you invent a category of motorcycling then continuously update it over eight generations all the while staying ahead of the competition/copycats because it was wildly successful. It's just the latest rendition of outside the box and leading the pack, be glad they're not afraid to jump in the deep end, we'd have never heard of gelande/strasse. Heck I'm starting to like it already and am sure it's better in person.

BrianT
2 hours ago, TEWKS said:

This vid explains what those mystery winglets are for on each crash bar. “Around the world” (or at least to Brad’s house ;) ) tire holders. Also, bags to clip on over the ugly panels on each side of the bike.  See what’s happening here. :spittake:

I didn't notice the front soft bags in the release video.  At least they hide the ugly front panels and help the looks.  But I'm sure they'll have that "don't exceed 80 mph" disclaimer and not cheap to replace when they blow off.  Might explain the slab sided design up front for the sole purpose of selling another accessory.  Hopefully 3rd party bag makers can use the stock BMW mounts.

I see the tire tied off to the crash bar extra grab handle, but you could do that with the regular crash bar in general.  It doesn't seem to be used as load bearing or stabilizing other than the tie down.  I got a feeling they're just trying to turn anything into a feature.  I'll go back to my original suggestion of lessening the lean angle in a tip over, especially now that the bike with soft bags mounted up front make it extra wide or at least to match the width of those expensive and electrified rear side cases they want you to buy.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, roadscholar said:

Nobody ever said BMW's were cheap.

Only the riders. :rofl:

• Plus 1 3
BrianT

Also isn't the 1250 GSA tank size the same as 1300 GSA at 30 liters?  They keep making a big deal about the 30 liters, but that's not an increase.  Some first look reviewers use the size as an excuse for the odd front shape or look.  But the 1250 GSA didn't need the fugly look for the same volume.  Thank god my BMW extended warranty is unlimited miles, I'm gonna ride my 1250 GS into the ground and hope the next generation GS/GSA gets better than this.  For once BMW found a way to keep money in my wallet instead of giving more to them.

No knock on anybody here that wants one or gets one.  Everyone's taste is different and has to ride their own ride so to speak.

• Like 1