IGNORED

Midnight Run?

SteveB

SteveB,

You can midnight run if you like, but don't forget when and if you hear the dueling banjoes it's time to get back to civilization. grin.gif

You can midnight run if you like, but don't forget when and if you hear the dueling banjoes it's time to get back to civilization. smile.gif

Since I grew up in Arkansas I’m sure your referring to the imported mule deer population learning to play the banjo and not trying to make fun of my kin folk! smile.gifsmile.gif

A couple years ago while we were visiting some relatives in LA, we joined up with the Riverside HOG chapter for a ride over to Prim. As we topped out on the pass the full moon was rising on the horizon. What a sight! I was afraid PJ was going to fall off the bike. With the clear desert air the moon seemed to fill the sky with such sharp detail I have never seen except through a telescope. It was a special event, especially for PJ’s birthday, one that you don’t need a photograph for, it’s image being burned in your memory. BTW, I won $2,500 the next morning playing slots! There is just something special about a trip under a full moon. smile.gif

You can midnight run if you like, but don't forget when and if you hear the dueling banjoes it's time to get back to civilization. smile.gif

Since I grew up in Arkansas I'm sure your referring to the imported mule deer population learning to play the banjo and not trying to make fun of my kin folk! smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif

Since I've lived here for the past six years and I'm originally from D.C., I know I'm not in any position to make fun of anybody's kin folks. blush.gif However, even with a full moon it get's country dark out here as you know so in addition to moon light you'll want some powerful aux. lighting. Have fun under the moon light and be careful. wink.gif

• 3 weeks later...

"...sure got a purty mouth..." blush.gif

COUNTRY DARK is right shocked.gif Three of us stayed in north central Arkansas at the end of July and had to ride about 20 miles back from an unplanned late dinner to our cabin in St. Joe. With no moon and no sizable town for miles, the country twisties took on a completely different dimension. I was WAAAAAY glad for the $$ spent on my Motolights. While I'm not normally the fastest rider, my buds without aux. lighting were more than happy to "let" me lead the way back.

Bryon, I can identify with this "dark" thing. As I mentioned in a Ride Tale just posted over there, we were really struggling in the dark. There are very few homes and no streetlights. It'll keep you awake for sure! grin.gif

Lots of critters out there after dark - little ones and big ones - be careful riding after sundown or real early in the morning...

Archived