IGNORED

Source for fuel quantity strip ??

joeb

Hi. My riding bud has a 2009 r1200rt with a bad fuel gauge ( quantity strip ). BMW wants almost $300 for one and Bemerboneyard doesn't deal with them. Any ideas for an alternate source?

After market or  OEM ?

Thanks

Mine went out to on my '05. piece of tape covering up the yellow triangle on the dash, got to learn to reset my odometer now and also bought an auxiliary 1.5 liter fuel bottle just in case. Anyway, no experience with these but I read on a forum during my searches about this one. 

https://2a76f8-2.myshopify.com/products/sensor-de-nivel-aorador-bmw-alternativo

I would like to have a working gauge again but not willing to spend the money until I find a proven reliable one. Seems some people that have replaced theirs say the replacement lasted a couple months to a couple years. A lot of variation. 

14 hours ago, 81delorean said:

Mine went out to on my '05. piece of tape covering up the yellow triangle on the dash, got to learn to reset my odometer now and also bought an auxiliary 1.5 liter fuel bottle just in case. Anyway, no experience with these but I read on a forum during my searches about this one. 

https://2a76f8-2.myshopify.com/products/sensor-de-nivel-aorador-bmw-alternativo

I would like to have a working gauge again but not willing to spend the money until I find a proven reliable one. Seems some people that have replaced theirs say the replacement lasted a couple months to a couple years. A lot of variation. 

EuroMotoElectric has them for around $273.00.

Might as well get a BMW part as it has a 2 year warranty. 

You will need a GS-911 to calibrate the new fuel strip install.

You can try zapping the existing fuel strip with a gas grill ignitor (sometimes works for a while anyhow). 

On 6/8/2024 at 6:26 PM, joeb said:

Thanks for the response. I think he's ready to get one from BMW.  Not sure if he knows about the 2 year warranty. I'll let him know.

Morning  joeb

BMW has a new (updated) fuel strip so if he goes with a BMW strip make sure he asks for that. So far the new fuel strip seems to be holding up better than the older ones did. (at least from what I have seen in my area)