IGNORED

Great ride to Smokies and back - Like the RT

JcbKarl

I've done my first ever multi-day motorcycle trips this year on my 04 RT. After 16 years of sportbikes, I am just now realizing all the advantages of a sport touring machine. Last weekend I rode from Louisville down to the Smokey Mountains via the Cherohala Skyway, 129, and 28. The RT is great in the 50 mph corners, a little heavy feeling in the 30 mph ones. One really nice thing is I could carry my mountain bike and do some riding at Tsali. I even managed to get myself on the featured photos at killboy.com I'm about 2/3 of the way down that page on the silver RT. I just wanted to tell some people who could appreciate it.

One really nice thing is I could carry my mountain bike and do some riding at Tsali.

You really are a "biker"! Quite a rig. Did you do Deal's Gap with your bicycle on the back of the RT? smile.gif

Yes, I went through Deal's Gap and all the other roads with the bicycle on the back. It works really well. I used to carry the bicycle longitudinally on a different motorcycle, but I like it much better transversely on the RT. I don't even really notice it back there.

Hey that looks like you are carrying a spare. I guess its easier than a final drive, tranny, clutch, HES, and tools. wave.gif

Glad you had a good trip.

Steve (GS 11.5)

Archived