IGNORED

motoraad connected app

Wayne Johnson

Wayne Johnson

I know this has been posted many times and i actually printed it out one but can no longer find it.. There was a in detail how to  procedure to connect the app to the bike and along with sena com and the order in which to do so. Any help here to print out the instructions would be greatly appreciated. 

Bernie

I think this is the last updated version from, I think the fellows name was George.

He is from the ATL area, I forgot his last name, sorry.

If you need it for a Cardo unit, you can use the same instructions.

The main thing is to make sure your iPhone is set not to join WiFi networks automatically and also to not join HotSpots.

tft connection and tips.pdf

• Thanks 1

I connected phone 1st then helmet com . Worked fine on my 2023 RS .  Just got Connected ride Navigator . Instructions are to delete all from the bike / TFT and connect to Navi unit .  So far working just fine 

Bernie
Posted (edited)

The problem is that you have to understand that the connections for a R1250RT with TFT and any other R1250 Bike with a TFT uses different directions.

Here is another write up from George Howroyd for the connection of a Bluetooth headset to a BMW R1250RT with TFT.

Maybe this write up will explain it better to you. It is really the only way to make it work.

I been using the TFT on my 23 R1250RT like this for over 12K miles with no problems.

BMW 21-23 R1250RT TFT Pairing Setup & Operation V5.0.pdf

Edited by Bernie
Better explanation
profbodryak

I found this to be the best way. This way it is a true three way connection. Most other methods describe the TFT being the connecting hub for devices. Below method allows for easier switching. With this method, always helmet on first, bike on second. 

1. Enable multipoint pairing on your Sena 50S from the Sena app (headset must be connected to your phone)

2. Now turn on the bike, delete your original headset pairing with the TFT (no need to unpair your phone from the TFT)

3. Turn on your 50S and you will hear it connect with your phone

4. Hold the jog dial for 5 seconds and when the light starts blinking red, within one second press the phone button in the back of the 50S once

5. Now search for a new rider's helmet through the TFT

6. Select the 50S as it was just newly found to connect

7. Now, during the call, if the ignition is switched off, your Sena can be easily selected from the list on your phone (this previously took a very long time as the 50S connection was exclusive to either TFT or your phone)

8. Alternatively, when you are on a call and now you turn on the ignition, your phone maintains the connection with the Sena and you have almost an uninterrupted conversation.

Bernie
4 hours ago, profbodryak said:

I found this to be the best way. This way it is a true three way connection. Most other methods describe the TFT being the connecting hub for devices. Below method allows for easier switching. With this method, always helmet on first, bike on second. 

1. Enable multipoint pairing on your Sena 50S from the Sena app (headset must be connected to your phone)

2. Now turn on the bike, delete your original headset pairing with the TFT (no need to unpair your phone from the TFT)

3. Turn on your 50S and you will hear it connect with your phone

4. Hold the jog dial for 5 seconds and when the light starts blinking red, within one second press the phone button in the back of the 50S once

5. Now search for a new rider's helmet through the TFT

6. Select the 50S as it was just newly found to connect

7. Now, during the call, if the ignition is switched off, your Sena can be easily selected from the list on your phone (this previously took a very long time as the 50S connection was exclusive to either TFT or your phone)

8. Alternatively, when you are on a call and now you turn on the ignition, your phone maintains the connection with the Sena and you have almost an uninterrupted conversation.

That is a great way to connect your system, if the reason you ride your bike is to answer phone calls.

And if you use an aftermarket navigation device or Google Maps/Waze app for navigation.

Thank you.

• Like 1
Wayne Johnson

So after following the procedures offered I have the nav working as promised but although the helmet appears on the TFT i am not getting any audio through my sena 50R only the speakers. I was disappointed to find out I cannot use any other apps while using the connected app. I usually roll with Waze running along with the gps to monitor to Po po as I am seldom going the speed limit. 

Bernie

From the manual:

Selecting an output device
Go to the Media, Audio settings menu, then select the Output device menu item.
The following settings are available:
Speakers: Speaker for audio playback selected.
Helmet: Helmet or other Bluetooth-capable output de- vice for audio playback is se- lected.
The default setting is Speakers.

And this will help, if you do not get directions:

Switching spoken instructions on or off
Connect the rider's helmet and the passenger helmet.
(   76)
The navigation can be read aloud. To do this, the Spo- ken instructions must be turned on.
Call up menu Navigation, Active route guidance. Turn Spoken instructions on or off.