IGNORED

Picked up my K1200GT Saturday.....

roadshadowww

roadshadowww

Well my wonderful 05 R12RT is in a new home in Mobile, AL. and I'm now astride a 07 K1200GT.

On the way to work at a 4 way stop a Cement Truck pulled across the intersection and I turned left behind it. He could have let me go but NOOOO......

I peeked around him and with a car in the distance (that distance being closer than I would have dealt with on my RT) I easied around the truck with a little roll of the throttle and on the part of the Killer GT. Just effortless and no sweat in concern with the on-coming vehicle.

Being that I owned a K1200R for a few months, the GT does not come as a complete surprise but it is a reafermation to the delightful K1200 motor.

Love the overall bike, hate the seat (already called Mayer) and the "so called High Windscreen" is only passable.

ESA is interesting, did not have it on my RT or K-R.

Looking forward to miles on this bike with the new Mayer seat and Cee Bailey Windscreen.

ClearwaterBMW

congrats

not much excitement on this site for the new KGT since this is really the old RT board.

mine will be here in 6 weeks...... a long time to wait

i would love to hear more about your's

Being that I owned a K1200R for a few months, the GT does not come as a complete surprise but it is a reafermation to the delightful K1200 motor
Congrats on the new machine.

I hadn't owned an old K, and hadn't even test ridden the S or R, so the GT is my first excursion into a BMW higher performance 4 cyl (the LT doesn't count grin.gif) - what a huge grin factor ... and the rest of it ain't too bad either. Seats and windshields always seem to need attention regardless of make or model.

not much excitement on this site for the new KGT since this is really the old RT board.

True to an extent .. but I think its because the K-Bike site has a general forum dedicated to each specific model while here its tech forums for K vs OilHead vs HexHead and general discussion is elsewhere not distinguished by model

There are a few RT folks moving to the GT and you'll probably see more action here as time goes on.

ClearwaterBMW

There are a few RT folks moving to the GT and you'll probably see more action here as time goes on.

i'm sure you are right about that

most of us are wondering just how BMW expects to sell a lot of RTs now that the GT is out

most of us are wondering just how BMW expects to sell a lot of RTs now that the GT is out
Well, I did say a few are switching - not all !! grin.gifgrin.gif

There are quite a few on this board and elsewhere that absolutely love the big twin, the RT's chairlike bar/peg relationsip, its huge range and cargo capacity, its DIY maintenance capability and its ability to do just about anything you ask of it. And, the base price differential vs the GT is now $1800. BMW will still sell quite a few RTs.

But then, how does BMW expect to sell the R1200S for only $1000 less than the K1200S ??

I wish you guys would stop posting things like this on the new GT. I have avoided/restrained myself from riding any of the new Hexhead R1200 bikes so I would'nt want to trade my 1150RT. Then I see the pics of the new GT and think Hmmmm, that looks pretty darn good. I happened into the local dealer a couple of weeks ago and see the new GT in a dark Blue. I said to my self, OH $hit, Damn that looks good. Luckily it was sold and had a do not sit sign on it.

Must avoid the urge.. Must avoid the urge..

Mike

The new GT is awesome.

I love my '03 and have no plans to part w/it as of now.

If I do, the KGT would be at the head of a short list. thumbsup.gif

Tallman, I was just looking at an 03 and 04 GT yesterday. Anything you do not like about it? I'm looking at used GT's, RS's and FJR's. I also would like to consider the new GT, but $$$$$$$$$.

The new GT is awesome.

I love my '03 and have no plans to part w/it as of now.

If I do, the KGT would be at the head of a short list. thumbsup.gif

I'm with you Tallman!

I had my name at the top of the list at 2 dealers for an '07 GT. I road it and loved it, however, after realizing I could get another almost new low mileage '02 or later KRS or GT for around $9,000 and considering what I could do with the other $11,000 it would take to buy new there wasn't really a choice for me!

I loved the first '03 KRS I had and recently replaced it with a beautiful black '02 with only 3,500 miles. It came with bags, BMW tank bag, Piaa's, Pirates back rest and tail bag all for under $9K!

See you at El Paseo in the Fall!

Archived