IGNORED

Hein Gericke jacket sizes

Dave P

I've been wearing Firstgear textile jackets for many years, thought it would be fun to get an old school black leather Hein Gericke for occasional use. Always wanted a HG.

Saw a nice candidate on ebay but of course can't try it on. Size of candidate is 44, kinda scuffed (which I like).  Cheap.

Could I simply measure around my chest to determine if a 44 would fit? No info on sleeve length that I can see.  Thanks, Dave

Michaelr11

I've had no resistance from sellers when I asked them to provide actual tape measure measurements for chest or sleeves.  Saved a lot of shipping headaches for stuff that wouldn't have fit.

Paul De

When I traveled for work the company sent me to far flung places and one trip to Thailand I stopped at Jim Thompson looking for a silk blouse for a gift for my wife.  I soon realized the sizing was for folks in Thailand.   What saved me was I had a note with measurements I made from garments that fit my wife well.  With measurements of a well fitting blouse laid flat that I measured from side seems across the shoulders,  chest, middle, and waist as well as sleeve length and as best as I could neck circumference.   She normally wore a medium in US sizes.  I ended up with an XXL blouse that fit my crimp note measures. At home I presented said gift and it fit my wife perfectly.  She loved it.

To make sure it was an excellent gift I had the sales lady at Jim Thompson do one extra step before wrapping it. She spoke little English but got it and laughed when I pointed to the XXL size tag and made a snipping gesture with my fingers on the tag. She cut it off and tossed it, I gave her a smile and she wrapped it up.

So, take your best fitting riding jacket lay it flat and measure some key widths along the body.  Ask the seller to do the same and if they match you should be good. No worries about the tag size as it is only for you anyway :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1