IGNORED

When's the last time you spun up your old vinyl?

Twisties

Every so often I get bit by the bug.  Not so much that I have any intrinsic love of vinyl, as that I have a lot of albums on vinyl that I never got in a digital format.  It's always interesting to see how the songs have stood the test of time.  Some old favorites fall flat, and others are welcome surprises.  I was never a big Elton John fan, but one way or another we ended up with Goodbye Yellow Brick Road in our collection and I have it on now.  I'll put it in the welcome surprise category.  

Our cat, Beni, particularly likes Benny and the Jets.

• Like 1
wbw6cos

Sometime last Fall.   

Of course, I have the early Rush albums through Subdivisions.  I also have all the Kiss albums up to Creatures Of The Night, but ended up listening to Judas Priest Point of Entry album the last time I spun the old vinyl discs.

I ended up buying an inexpensive a cheap phonograph that converts the album to digital format (MP3) and was not really thrilled with the results.  I may end up getting hold of a more expensive better one someday.  Better things do to do that involve Sport Touring.  :burnout:

The sad part is having all those vinyl albums and then needing to go out and get duplicates in the form of cassette tapes and then, subsequently, CD's.   :facepalm:

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
Hosstage
7 hours ago, Red said:

Easter.  I always play Jesus Christ Superstar.

I grew up on that album. Still brings very fond memories every time I listen to it, it's on my digital playlist, along with owning the album set.

It's been a few weeks since I turned any vinyl, an old Chet Atkins album, but music is a pretty common occurrence in the house. My 8 year old grandson loves helping to play records, he's fascinated with the whole process. Of course he wants to keep changing albums, but I'm teaching the patience of listening to records, to let them play out, even if not intently listening the whole time.  Another music fan in the making.

• Like 1
Ron-M
On 4/28/2024 at 1:55 AM, Red said:

Easter.  I always play Jesus Christ Superstar.

I grew up with this album as well.  I saw the Broadway show in Boston around 1975.  Last year I saw the Broadway revival of the show in Orlando with my wife and oldest daughter. It was great.  The songs came right back to me even though I have not heard them for many, many years.  

ADulay

I’m sure there are more than a few of us in “my” age bracket and although the modern turntable from Radio Shack (circa 1982) still functions perfectly after a few drive belt replacements, there’s not much running on it.

With that said, I played parts of these two albums for my adopted grandson and he was amazed that the whole thing worked as advertised.

I was still in the Army in 1969 so I was not one of the 87,000,000 living Americans who claim to have been at Woodstock.

i did get to see an original screening of Easy Rider at the post movie house on Fort Rucker, Alabama.

AD

i-XTBcXbt-L.jpg

• Like 1
Rougarou
3 minutes ago, ADulay said:

I was still in the Army in 1969 so I was not one of the 87,000,000 living Americans who claim to have been at Woodstock.

In 1969, I was one, but I remember being at Woodstock so clear it's as if it happened yesterday.

• Like 1
szurszewski

The last time I played an LP? Probably about a week ago - which would be the last time I was home for more than a few hours at a stretch. I'm more likely to put on an album than I am to put on a CD or a tape - and while we used to play from our digital music library (including all our CDs and most of albums, but no cassettes) most of the time, now we almost always just stream (Spotify for Laura and old school Pandora for me). 

We also have a crank phonograph in the living room for when we want to spin some 78s.

• Like 2