IGNORED

This is my GS

TEWKS

This is my GS There are many like it, but this one is mine. My GS is my best friend. It is my life! :rofl: You military guys should get that quote joke. :classic_biggrin:

Seriously though, I’ve been riding this same bike for twelve years now with not a single breakdown, ever. I’ve ridden it from Maine to Montana, Colorado to Connecticut and it never let me down. 

I rode today in the rain because that’s what motorcyclists do. I might be praising my bike because it should have by all the laws of motion tossed my ass down the road at fifty MPH.

I was getting off I 40 at the Harmon Den exit and they put Cattle Grates near the bottom of the ramp. Coming off the exit hotter than I should have the front end tucked when I hit the grates, I thought for sure the ground was coming to a face near you! The tire then hit the pavement after the grates and the bike stood back up! :4315: 

Did I ever tell ya I love this damn bike! :dontknow:

IMG_5071.thumb.jpeg.d13a2fbfd27546481c06353221776e56.jpeg

IMG_5075.thumb.jpeg.beb78d1665b68a976f626133443279e8.jpeg

IMG_5077.thumb.jpeg.800de062aaf0469e8779f42e8297e959.jpeg

• Like 12
  • Plus 1 2
roadscholar

I’d bet at least some of that good fortune was the result of rider input, ie. your years of offroad riding experience in reaction to an obstacle/problem.The bike certainly helps with it’s designed in capabilities for those type situations but experience let you keep riding the bike instead of panicking like a lesser rider might have. Nice save. :thumbsup:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Rougarou
2 hours ago, TEWKS said:

This is my GS There are many like it, but this one is mine. My GS is my best friend. It is my life! :rofl: You military guys should get that quote joke. :classic_biggrin:

Seriously though, I’ve been riding this same bike for twelve years now with not a single breakdown, ever. I’ve ridden it from Maine to Montana, Colorado to Connecticut and it never let me down. 

I rode today in the rain because that’s what motorcyclists do. I might be praising my bike because it should have by all the laws of motion tossed my ass down the road at fifty MPH.

I was getting off I 40 at the Harmon Den exit and they put Cattle Grates near the bottom of the ramp. Coming off the exit hotter than I should have the front end tucked when I hit the grates, I thought for sure the ground was coming to a face near you! The tire then hit the pavement after the grates and the bike stood back up! :4315: 
Did I ever tell ya I love this damn bike! :dontknow:

IMG_5071.thumb.jpeg.d13a2fbfd27546481c06353221776e56.jpeg

IMG_5075.thumb.jpeg.beb78d1665b68a976f626133443279e8.jpeg

IMG_5077.thumb.jpeg.800de062aaf0469e8779f42e8297e959.jpeg

If you wash it, you're a wuss

• Like 1
  • Plus 1 1
  • Haha 2
Rinkydink

Nice save. Did you look around to see who saw your ballet?

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Rinkydink said:

Nice save. Did you look around to see who saw your ballet?

No but there may or may not, be a pair of Fruit of the Loom underwear hanging in a tree on Harmon Den rd. :classic_biggrin:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
15 hours ago, Rougarou said:

If you wash it, you're a wuss

Nah, I have no issue giving my GS a good wash and clean. Gives me a fresh palette for the next ride.

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, Rougarou said:

But that looks like some nice grass, needs a cut

The front & left side yard ain’t bad, everything else is crap. :dontknow: But, my bike is clean! :yes:

• Smile 1
2 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

The front & left side yard ain’t bad, everything else is crap. :dontknow: But, my bike is clean! :yes:

The grass is more important:classic_biggrin:

• Smile 1
  • Thinking 1
9 minutes ago, Rougarou said:

GS don't maintain/increase resell on a house;)  Curb appeal does

Hey, I could’ve been washing the HD out there. Now you want to talk about bringing down the neighborhood. :classic_biggrin: Friday, it will look better. ;)

1 minute ago, TEWKS said:

Hey, I could’ve been washing the HD out there. Now you want to talk about bringing down the neighborhood. :classic_biggrin: Friday, it will look better. ;)

Ewww.

A young man has always dreamed on owning a Harley Davidson. One day he has finally saved up enough money so he goes down to the dealer. After picking out the perfect bike the dealer warns him that if he leaves his Harley in the rain the chrome has a tendency to rust. He tells the young man an old biker's trick is to keep a jar of Vaseline handy and smear it on the chrome if the bike must be left out in the rain.

A few months later the young man meets a woman and falls in love. She asks him to come home and meet her parents over dinner. He readily agrees and the date is set. At the appointed time he picks her up on his Harley and they ride to her parents house. Before they go in she tells him that they have a family tradition that whoever speaks first after dinner must do the dishes.

After a delicious dinner everyone sits in silence waiting for the first person to break and get stuck doing the dishes. After a long fifteen minutes the young man decides to speed things up so he reaches over and kisses the
woman in front of her family.

And no one says a word...! Next he decides to take a more direct approach so he throws her on the table and has sex with her in front of everyone. And still no one says a word...!!! Now he is getting desperate, so he grabs her mother and throws her on the table. They have even wilder sex. But no one says a word...!!!!

By now he is getting very worried and is wondering what to do next when he hears thunder in the distance. His first thought is to protect the chrome on his Harley, so he reaches in his pocket and pulls out the Vaseline. And the father says, "Okay dammit, I'll do the dishes.

• Haha 5

@Rougarou my people have arrived. :spittake: 

I’m sure I told this story but after I crashed my dirt bike “years ago” I hired my neighbor’s landscaper to cut the grass. They were very cheap up until “modern times.” Increases in their pricing will have me resuscitating my old Cub Cadet very soon. It’s made a great shelter for many little forest creatures over the last 10 years! :classic_ohmy:

AND I’ve been called lazy in the past, so what else ya got? :rofl:

image.thumb.jpeg.e7de02ab582c5d06cd3e815cb3375ba2.jpeg

I actually got held over at work this morning so nothing’s getting washed today. Somebody banged in sick @ 6:00 AM :classic_angry: and they couldn't fill the shift. :dontknow:  

6 hours ago, BamaJohn said:

Now Now boys......quit yer bickering & be nice to each other before someone's feelings get hurt.  :3:

So long as he don't call me no soldier:grin:  and I won't call him a dalmatian molester

• Haha 2
8 minutes ago, Rougarou said:

So long as he don't call me no soldier:grin:  and I won't call him a dalmatian molester

I think you may still be a little peeved that you couldn’t catch and pass me down on the Pisgah. :revit: :bike: :classic_biggrin: Now I won’t call you a soldier as long as you don’t call me a Fireman:spittake:

• Haha 1