IGNORED

OBDLinkLX/MotoScan Question

JZ67

I purchased the MotoScan Ultimate and OBDLinkLX and it works really well.

Dumb question though, can I use this code reader with the OBDLinkLX mating app on all my vehicles or is it a single use once paired to MotoScan?

KetoSoi
6 minutes ago, JZ67 said:

I purchased the MotoScan Ultimate and OBDLinkLX and it works really well.

Dumb question though, can I use this code reader with the OBDLinkLX mating app on all my vehicles or is it a single use once paired to MotoScan?

I have Motoscan Ultimate, but use the UniCarScan UCSI-2100 OBDII. I've been able to scan and set stuff on multiple bikes with that setup. I use the UniCarScan by itself on the rest of my vehicles (cars/truck) with other apps.

I have trouble believing they would  lock the OBDLinkLX to specific vehicle (or app), as their various competitors dont do that.

K

1 hour ago, KetoSoi said:

I have Motoscan Ultimate, but use the UniCarScan UCSI-2100 OBDII. I've been able to scan and set stuff on multiple bikes with that setup. I use the UniCarScan by itself on the rest of my vehicles (cars/truck) with other apps.

I have trouble believing they would  lock the OBDLinkLX to specific vehicle (or app), as their various competitors dont do that.

K

Kinda what I figured.  I just used it on the BMW with the MotoScan and on my daughters car with another app.  Thanks for your reply.