IGNORED

1250 RT tech?

trout man

trout man

I have studied all the You Tube stuff on the 1250 and it seems great except the system in which you use the phone for your GPS.  Is it that horrible and unworkable?  I really need a good working GPS system as I inherited my fathers horrible sense of direction.  We spent most of our childhood vacations basically lost. It was ridiculous but of coarse a fun family memory.  Seriously can the phone GPS system work as I do like my smart phone for directions all the time.  It sounds like people do lose their connections at times which does not seem to be an issue with my smart phone in general. 

Any feedback would be appreciated.  Bob

15 hours ago, trout man said:

We spent most of our childhood vacations basically lost.

:rofl:. Hey, my dad wasn't that much better than yours. Ha ha. And I'm not the greatest navigator either. At any rate, I don't own an RT anymore, but your worst case scenario would be to get a phone mount (or even in the charging compartment), and get verbal directions via a communicator like a Cardo or Sena. Many folks use the large TFT screen successfully, and many don't, so guess it depends on your level of tech knowledge. But you should absolutely find a solution, so that shouldn't stop you at all. There's at least one current thread on that subject, so check it out. Good luck.

You can use a Pixel phone with about 99% availability with the Connected app running on the phone. Many invested in an Android phone, just for that.

Your other alternative is of course installing a dedicated GPS above the TFT. Loads of examples around if you Google it.