IGNORED

2007 R1150R have traditional ABS or Servo?

Sam_

Having a hard time finding information since what I'm finding is all over the place - various sources saying the 1150 stopped in 2005 or 2006, but rarely anything for 2007, and nothing that answers my question. In my experience with BMW's, they stopped after the 2006 model year so I'm inclined to think it's traditional, but I can't find anything definitive, especially seeing as how I can't even verify whether this bike is a true 2007 or not (rather than a leftover 2005 or 2006 that they sold as a 2007).

For those wondering why I wouldn't just look at the bike or ask the seller - I'm a fair distance away and he's not being the most cooperative seller. I don't think he's intentionally uncooperative, he just has no idea what I'm asking and doesn't seem willing to entertain someone he perceives as a potential time waster.

dirtrider
10 hours ago, Sam_ said:

Having a hard time finding information since what I'm finding is all over the place - various sources saying the 1150 stopped in 2005 or 2006, but rarely anything for 2007, and nothing that answers my question. In my experience with BMW's, they stopped after the 2006 model year so I'm inclined to think it's traditional, but I can't find anything definitive, especially seeing as how I can't even verify whether this bike is a true 2007 or not (rather than a leftover 2005 or 2006 that they sold as a 2007).

For those wondering why I wouldn't just look at the bike or ask the seller - I'm a fair distance away and he's not being the most cooperative seller. I don't think he's intentionally uncooperative, he just has no idea what I'm asking and doesn't seem willing to entertain someone he perceives as a potential time waster.

Morning  Sam_

As far as I know there was no 2007 oilhead 1150. Occasionally an earlier 1150 could have been titled as a later model due to the year in which it was originally sold or put into service. Also, mistakes are made, or mis-types are possible.

It is also possible that a motorcycle gets assembled from parts then is titled as an "assembled" using the year that a title was applied for. 

Seeing as we really don't know what you are dealing with it might or might not have a full servo system, or it might not have any ABS system at all. 

It's also possible it really isn't an 1150 but is instead a 1200. 

As Redfoxx mentioned a VIN will give you some idea what the front  frame was when originally built but if it is an "assembled" then even that might be incorrect. On an assembled there will probably be a riveted on (or stamped on)  new VIN of some sort.

My guess is that you are dealing with a 1200 hexhead that the seller just thinks is an 1150. 

Do you have a picture of that motorcycle? 

Was definitely an 1150. Bike has since sold without me getting the opportunity to see it but it was definitely an 1150 and definitely had ABS. That leaves me to assume it had servo brakes.