IGNORED

In case of emergency..riding season prep

John Ranalletta

John Ranalletta

Prepping for upcoming riding season, I updated the following info that's in an envelop in the map section of the tank bag labeled  "IN CASE OF EMERGENCY".  It holds a document with the rider and pillion's vital data including:

• Doctor's name/phone#
  • Medical conditions
  • Critical medications, e.g. insulin, etc.
  • Medical devices attached, if any (insulin pump, pacemaker, etc.)
  • Blood type 
  • Emergency contact (relative or friend)
  • Health care proxy name & phone #
  • Image of driver's license
  • Image of health Insurance card(s)
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
Rougarou

I've got something similar to this on my helmet.......my tag also has birthdate and stuff,...you know PII

DO NOT REMOVE HELMET O+ve | Sticker | Throttle Store

• Like 1
Rougarou

I also have this on the lock screen of the phone

image.thumb.png.7e537c75666a21507ea652667d702492.png

Joe Frickin' Friday
1 hour ago, Rougarou said:

I've got something similar to this on my helmet.......my tag also has birthdate and stuff,...you know PII

DO NOT REMOVE HELMET O+ve | Sticker | Throttle Store

The "DO NOT REMOVE HELMET" sticker may be useful for good-but-panicky Samaritans.  But will EMTs and ER staff actually trust a sticker to accurately indicate your blood type, and go ahead with a transfusion without actually testing your blood type first?  

Rougarou
8 minutes ago, Joe Frickin' Friday said:

The "DO NOT REMOVE HELMET" sticker may be useful for good-but-panicky Samaritans.  But will EMTs and ER staff actually trust a sticker to accurately indicate your blood type, and go ahead with a transfusion without actually testing your blood type first?  

If I pre-plan enough to have my blood type, DOB, Name, ICE contact on at least two different locations that should confirm enough that what my signs say is what I am.   

But, its highly likely that a civilian hospital will type the blood before shooting rotella in my veins......military hospital will take the dog tags and patches as evidence,.....and some go as far as to tattoo their "meat tag"  (dog tag info)

Meat Tag - for the hubster | Tattoo quotes, Tattoos, Sleeve tattoos

• Smile 1
  • Thinking 1