IGNORED

verhollen adjustable pegs

Mike the Ghoul

Mike the Ghoul

2014 R1200RT.  I have the verhollen passenger peg adjustable brackets. Put them on a while ago.  I have the instructions for the front rider pegs but not the passenger pegs.  I need to remove them to install case guards.  I got the clip off the bottom of the pivot pin and loosened the set screw in the peg bracket.  But the pin wont come out.  It moves up about 1/8 inch and then wont go any higher.  I am using a small hammer and drift but am afraid to use too much force. I sprayed them with liquid wrench this evening and will try again tomorrow. 

Does anyone have these? Have you removed them? Any tricks I'm missing. The video on verhollens site doesn't help any.

Thanks.

Mike the Ghoul

Finally got it! I tried a gear puller, heat and pressing it out with a vise.  Nothing worked.  I ended up cutting the head off and pressing it through backwards.  Went easily an smoothly.  The shaft is clean and smooth, so I cant figure why it was so hard. .  All I can think of is that the end behind the circlip groove was mushroomed out so that it was wider than the hole. after i got it out I couldn't fit it back into the hole.  

So all is done.