IGNORED

Went to see the Barber

81delorean

81delorean

Wife and I took a weekend trip and met my down down in Birmingham Alabama to go through the Barber Motorsports Museum. If you are even remotely interested at all in motorcycles I highly recommend going down there. There is a little bit of everything, from early steam bikes to modern bikes and everything in between. The place is amazing. Well worth the trip and I plan on going back. There was also a mustang club there running around the track so you could walk out the back of the museum and across the pedestrian bridge  that goes over the track so we stood up there for a while and watched them race underneath us as the went by. The whole facility/grounds is very well taken care of. All around amazing place. 

• Like 4
MachineJoe

Thought I was going to hear a rendition of ..... "almost, ............ cut my hair ...... happened just the other day"

I'm drooling over the Barber link and dreaming of going  :90:

• Smile 1
BamaJohn
7 hours ago, 81delorean said:

Wife and I took a weekend trip and met my down down in Birmingham Alabama to go through the Barber Motorsports Museum. If you are even remotely interested at all in motorcycles I highly recommend going down there. There is a little bit of everything, from early steam bikes to modern bikes and everything in between. The place is amazing. Well worth the trip and I plan on going back. There was also a mustang club there running around the track so you could walk out the back of the museum and across the pedestrian bridge  that goes over the track so we stood up there for a while and watched them race underneath us as the went by. The whole facility/grounds is very well taken care of. All around amazing place. 

+1 on Barber's!  I've been several times, taking friends from various states.  They all loved it!

• Like 1
MichiganBob

Love their collection of bikes that significantly changed motorcycle evolution.

I’ll be seeing the Barber this week. Her name is Karen. :spittake: Someday, I’d love to see that place! :thumbsup:

BamaJohn
5 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

I’ll be seeing the Barber this week. Her name is Karen. :spittake: Someday, I’d love to see that place! :thumbsup:

Come on down Pat...I'll leave a light on for you!  (I'm 25 miles away from Barber's). 

The Porsche club does track days at Barbers, so you could drive your Porsche down.   :whistle:

• Like 2
  • Smile 1
  • Haha 1

I recently visited the Barber Museum for my first time. I was blown away!! Every motorcyclist will love this place.

• Like 1
MichiganBob

And it's a great track for motorcycles racing. Strap on a folding chair and coolers are allowed. Places to sit on chairs all around the track. They have people mover carts that will drop you off and pick you up.

• Like 3