IGNORED

Sharing some non-bike writings, if it's ok

BamaJohn

We all know that the motorcycling demographics are not getting younger...Just look around at the upcoming START.

And, those of us who have enjoyed more trips around the sun than others,  might embrace the concept of Carpe Diem.

At the risk of submitting something that may not belong here, I'd like to share something with you:

THIS TREE AND ME.docx

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
BamaJohn

And a limerick:

My gluteus maximus is now minimus.

So, whether at home or on the bus,

My trousers will fall 

To the floor, so we all 

See the shame of the state of my stuff.

JAB

2/11/2023

• Haha 1
Skywagon

John.... a friend sent me this the day I retired.  He wanted to make sure I enjoyed retirement (which I very much am).  He knew from the way I grew up and lived, I would probably be conservative.  It actually made me think about retirement differently and making it very easy to drop $10,000 a few times a year to go fishing with college roomates...something I never would have done even a year earlier.  When we go to a restaurant now....we get the good stuff....wife always did but now I do too.:grin:

Really good friend who I ride with most told me today he is going to sell his FJR. I was really blown away, but didn't ask why...yet..  I'm working on all my reasons as to why not.  My guess is he thinks he doesn't ride enough to justify the expense.  It's long since paid for.

https://maybienvh.wordpress.com/2018/05/24/between-65-and-death/?fbclid=IwAR176B1b3R8LFjgJW8VehnllEpsJffihReAvKemkwgC0tRizTbZxp9xbXTc

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
BamaJohn

Thanks David.  Did your friend write that?  I love it and will read it often to remind me of the right path forward.

Happy fishing to you!

Skywagon

Hi John...no he didn't write it.  I'm not sure of the author.  Headed to Belize and Ambergris Caye in a couple of weeks for a couple of weeks.  Bone fishing time.  MotoGP in Austin starting tomorrow.

John Ranalletta
21 hours ago, Skywagon said:

John.... a friend sent me this the day I retired.  He wanted to make sure I enjoyed retirement (which I very much am).  He knew from the way I grew up and lived, I would probably be conservative.  It actually made me think about retirement differently and making it very easy to drop $10,000 a few times a year to go fishing with college roomates...something I never would have done even a year earlier.  When we go to a restaurant now....we get the good stuff....wife always did but now I do too.:grin:

Really good friend who I ride with most told me today he is going to sell his FJR. I was really blown away, but didn't ask why...yet..  I'm working on all my reasons as to why not.  My guess is he thinks he doesn't ride enough to justify the expense.  It's long since paid for.

https://maybienvh.wordpress.com/2018/05/24/between-65-and-death/?fbclid=IwAR176B1b3R8LFjgJW8VehnllEpsJffihReAvKemkwgC0tRizTbZxp9xbXTc

Love it!  Very smart fellow and I'd bet a special friend.

About spending money...  I've imagined it as a couple taking years of work and expense to bake a wonderful cake (savings) but restricting themselves to only eating the crumbs during retirement.