IGNORED

Front ESA not recognized?

Hadabadachada

Hadabadachada

2013 R1200R 

I have the ESA button on the bike, which works, however, maybe it doesn’t completely.

I hooked up the GS911 and was just having a look around, went into the suspension thing, to calibrate the ESA, sure, let’s have a look.

rear suspension was recognized, but it said the front was not recognized….

went into AS cycles diagrams for a look, which gets a little confusing based on the diagrams.

went and took a photo to add, front definitely has a wire coming out of it on the bottom rear. So I’m assuming it’s messed up, since it’s not recognized.

i suppose I’ll have to have the tank off to look at the plug. The rubber bit where the wire goes into the shock is cracked, but seems the wires are still connected. 

have never seen an error about it, I’d figure there would be on the GS911, but wouldn’t surprise me if there wasn’t.

im curious about the two shocks on the parts diagram. Mine looks like the first one, but they don’t show any wires.  It definitely doesn’t have that big contraption like the other shock on the parts list. 

D4C3BC69-3BDF-4C97-B9AA-851316AB9A06.jpeg

Hadabadachada

I see, searching part numbers on eBay, I suppose the second image on the diagram doesn’t quite reflect the actual shock. 
I’m assuming I should probably venture into debt and replace these old things, but 

I suppose I wonder,

is it worth  buying the ESA style shocks from Beemerparts or better to just get standard non electric from them?

it is kinda nice to hit a button to make changes. But If they fail……

And if it’s unrecognized, it’s not getting adjusted, and i wonder how it’s set..

decisions 

dirtrider
6 hours ago, Hadabadachada said:

2013 R1200R 

I have the ESA button on the bike, which works, however, maybe it doesn’t completely.

I hooked up the GS911 and was just having a look around, went into the suspension thing, to calibrate the ESA, sure, let’s have a look.

rear suspension was recognized, but it said the front was not recognized….

went into AS cycles diagrams for a look, which gets a little confusing based on the diagrams.

went and took a photo to add, front definitely has a wire coming out of it on the bottom rear. So I’m assuming it’s messed up, since it’s not recognized.

i suppose I’ll have to have the tank off to look at the plug. The rubber bit where the wire goes into the shock is cracked, but seems the wires are still connected. 

have never seen an error about it, I’d figure there would be on the GS911, but wouldn’t surprise me if there wasn’t.

im curious about the two shocks on the parts diagram. Mine looks like the first one, but they don’t show any wires.  It definitely doesn’t have that big contraption like the other shock on the parts list. 

Morning Hadabadachada

You probably don't really have an issue__  

First off make sure that your GS-911 firmware is up to date. 

Do you have any stored or current fault codes? If no fault codes then your system is probably OK. If you have fault code or codes what are the codes? 

The front strut (shock) on the 1200R  ONLY has damping control, it doesn't have a preload adjustment motor. The rear has both a damping control & a spring preload adjustment motor. The rear preload can be calibrated. 

• Like 1
Hadabadachada

Ahhhh, I see.
Well that would make sense then. I guess it would then require a big unit to adjust preload like the rear has. Got it.

That’s why I come and ask here and search here for answers.

such a wealth of knowledge. 

thanks