IGNORED

Quietwerks

Wayne Johnson

Wayne Johnson

Does anyone know if these guys are still selling windscreens? I went to the website and had to create an account to access (never in the past) and no longer see the windscreens listed just the suzuki machining services they also offer.

realshelby

Not sure why you had to create an "account" to see the website?

The Quiet Ride pages on my website are hidden from view. I was NOT happy with how things were going with my partner that builds these. Customer service comes first for me. I will leave it at that.

I am going to retire soon. I cannot run the business and collect SS. So I am considering shutting down both the clutch and windshield sales for WERKS Parts.

After conversation with my partner, I am hoping there is a way forward where I can help with sales, where they actually process both selling and shipping. I can then meet SS rules on income and time spent working......

This "reconsideration" came about through a conversation about what needed fixed and the bombshell that another VERY well known maker of BMW windshields is shutting down and retiring. That windshield is the only other one I would consider owning. That makes the Quiet Ride too important to allow it to fade away. 

So, I am giving this another week to see what I can reach for an agreement to continue selling Quiet Ride screens. I will post elsewhere when I know more.....

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
realshelby
14 hours ago, Wayne Johnson said:

I will give you a call Terry to place an order next week

Currently NOT accepting orders........

https://www.7jurock.com/     When I got my 2022 BMW R1250RT to replace my 2005 R1200RT that I rode for 182,767 miles, I had already ordered a replacement windshield from

Quiet Ride. I have been using the windshield for the last 2 years and 34,034 miles. The windshield at the bottom is stamped (7jurock). I recently contacted 7jurock as Quiet Ride

was not making windshield at this time and ordered a light tint windshield. It has arrived and is IDENTICAL to the one I ordered from Quiet Ride 2 years ago, right down to the

logo stamped on the bottom (7jurock).

• Thinking 1
realshelby

The 2021 and up Quiet Ride and 7Jurock screens were shaped the same. Previous generation for 2014-2020 were not the same. The Quiet Ride was built to my specs including the material used. . One problem I had was what material they used for their version. My screens and protectors were supposed to be GE Cast Acrylic. Yet I found out some were not. So, take your chances if you must. 

There is more to the story, but not what should be posted here. Fact is that I could no longer put up with the problems I was having with the 7Jurock partnership. I spent a LOT of time developing the Quiet Rides. Very proud of what they became. With Aeroflow shutting down too ( website is up, just selling off inventory...) I wanted to keep the Quiet Ride available. But that has shown to not be workable. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
Skywagon

I visited Terry right after he bought his 2014 RT. He had made multiple mock ups and cut outs to develop the shield that gave the best protection possible. His quiet works windshield was developed by a real rider that took the pains taking effort and expense to get it right

Paul De

Wow, sorry to hear that the Quiet Ride is likely heading off to the sunset. Super happy with the one I put on my Wethead.  

Sounds like an ambitious 30 year old should be contacting Terry for a chat:cool:

strataj

Terry, so sorry to hear this.  I enjoyed meeting you at the Holiday Inn in Alpine some years ago.  You spotted your shield on my 14R1200RT as I pulled in.  Since then I've told many and brought another when I got a 22R1250RT.  I wish you all the best in retirement! 

rounder jim

I have told MANY MANY people that the Quiet Ride windshield is probably the best addition I made to my 2015 and 2022 RT's . My Sargent seat would be next. I have spoken to Terry acouple of times over the phone. Sure seemed like a nice guy to me . Enjoy retirement Terry. So who's going to buy his company and make a great windshield for my new R1300rt in about 114,567 miles ?

Another satisfied Quietwerks customer ('17 RT.) And what seems to have transpired between the parties needs no further explanation IMO. Sorry that happened to you Terry.

Enjoy your 'retirement.'

(My shield has no " 7Jurock" stamp.)

• Dennis Andress featured this topic
MachineJoe

******************** Watching************

I've been waiting to get a bit more mad money together to get a Quietwerks for my '17 RT

:4317:  My waiting has not paid off

• Sad 1
Rockosmith

Sorry to hear that Quiet Ride is no longer available. I was on the fence about ordering a new one for my ‘17 RT. After more than 170,000 miles on two RTs, mine has a few minor battlescars. I guess I will live with them as I would rather have a well used Quiet Ride than a new anything else I have tried.  Enjoy your retirement Terry! 

• Like 3
  • Dennis Andress unfeatured this topic