IGNORED

Ram mount for center of handlebars?

KDeline

KDeline

Here is a picture of a Ram mount that I cannot find anywhere, even with the help of the people at Ram. Does anybody know where I can get this mount that replaces the cover for the steering bearing? I saw this on a video of how to remove the side panels but it’s from another country and a different language.

IMG_1855.jpeg

IMG_1854.jpeg

I have seen that mount as well, but doing a quick search, I could not find it.  I have not given up though.. For some reason I think I saw someone discussing it on the

bmwlt website.  However, I found that Quadlock offers two versions of a fork stem mount. Don't know if this will work for you, but it is an option.  

KDeline

Thank you for looking, unfortunately I cannot see how it would work on the 1250. The fitment chart does not include the RT.

konacyclist

It looks like a Telferizer mount. A guy in the UK. Bob Telfer,  makes them. info@telferizer.com.

6 hours ago, KDeline said:

Thank you for looking, unfortunately I cannot see how it would work on the 1250. The fitment chart does not include the RT.

Indeed. They list 13, 15, and 19mm round holes, and at least my 1250R has a 12mm HEX hole instead. Not sure what the RT has, but probably the same nut, no? Does that 'Telfeizer' guy make that? If it's someething I can easily install and remove without tools, I'd consider such a mount. Looked for the Ram 'claw', but it's not made for my thick handlebars. I'd only use it if I need to use GPS in the future.

KDeline
2 hours ago, JCtx said:

Indeed. They list 13, 15, and 19mm round holes, and at least my 1250R has a 12mm HEX hole instead. Not sure what the RT has, but probably the same nut, no? Does that 'Telfeizer' guy make that? If it's someething I can easily install and remove without tools, I'd consider such a mount. Looked for the Ram 'claw', but it's not made for my thick handlebars. I'd only use it if I need to use GPS in the future.

I will check again, thanks.

Thank you. Seems like the hole has to be round. It'd be quite expensive to machine a 12mm hex shaft, so guess we're out of luck for that location. Oh well. Need to check if Ram now makes a claw in large size.

dreeves
16 hours ago, KDeline said:

On my 2023 1250 RT the stem does not exist, only the thin casting of the top handlebar clamp.  I searched all over for the same thing, to no avail……..

konacyclist

I have a 2022 R1250RT and I purchased a Telferizer mount which comes with a RAM ball and works with the round opening beneath the BMW emblem in the center of the cast handlebar. Installation involves gently prying the BMW emblem off, and attaching the mount to the round opening in the handlebar casting. It’s a very simple procedure.

KDeline
6 hours ago, konacyclist said:

I have a 2022 R1250RT and I purchased a Telferizer mount which comes with a RAM ball and works with the round opening beneath the BMW emblem in the center of the cast handlebar. Installation involves gently prying the BMW emblem off, and attaching the mount to the round opening in the handlebar casting. It’s a very simple procedure.

Do you have a photo of it? I will need to make contact with them to find out the exact sized purchase.

KDeline
31 minutes ago, konacyclist said:

IMG_0074.thumb.jpeg.d89658dac66e79b04de7d4636d99faf9.jpeg

Thank you, I have a request in to them. That’s exactly what I was looking for.

Glad the RTs are that way, but it's a no-go for my R1250R. But it'd be more of a permanent install, so I'd much prefer a 'claw' the right size, since I could put it on and off in a minute.