IGNORED

New Version of Motorrad Connected App Available

professorb

professorb

Looks like sometime yesterday BMW dropped the latest version of the Motorrad Connected app... 5.2.0 (520140).

After installing the update you may need to re-download your maps. You should absolutely log out of your My BMW account in the app and log-in again.

• Like 1
simskid

Hey Professorb,

Thanks for the heads up.  Not sure what was added during the new version but at least I didn't need to re download my maps.  Also, I didn't need to log out.  BMW did it for me.  

John

• Plus 1 1

This is an update for the Apple/iPhone version. I don’t know if the Android version was also updated.

The only difference I could find is that you can now select from 3 different map types or map layers.

Standard, Satellite and Terrain. That selector window also has a slide switch to turn on or off  Show Traffic.

To find this feature, select the Map button on the bottom row and then you can select Map Layer button, below the Motorcycle button.

I don’t really know what else it does, but I will find out during tomorrows ride.

• Plus 1 1
42 minutes ago, Bernie said:

I don’t know if the Android version was also updated.

It has. I use both eco systems.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Steveyacht said:

How do I access this update?

If you have a iPhone through your App Store, if you are using Android, probably through the Google store.

Camhead64
10 hours ago, Bernie said:

This is an update for the Apple/iPhone version. I don’t know if the Android version was also updated.

The only difference I could find is that you can now select from 3 different map types or map layers.

Standard, Satellite and Terrain. That selector window also has a slide switch to turn on or off  Show Traffic.

To find this feature, select the Map button on the bottom row and then you can select Map Layer button, below the Motorcycle button.

I don’t really know what else it does, but I will find out during tomorrows ride.

I use the Android version and updated to version 5.2 couple weeks ago. I think I updated maps as well don't remember as we finally got high speed internet earlier this year so updates are no longer the three hour ordeal they once were. Interestingly I dont have the  option to change map layers but do have the "Show Traffic" slide switch in the "More\Map Settings" window at the very top. 

Steveyacht
3 hours ago, Camhead64 said:

I use the Android version and updated to version 5.2 couple weeks ago. I think I updated maps as well don't remember as we finally got high speed internet earlier this year so updates are no longer the three hour ordeal they once were. Interestingly I dont have the  option to change map layers but do have the "Show Traffic" slide switch in the "More\Map Settings" window at the very top. 

I did the update yesterday after reading this thread. I also have the "show traffic" slide, but no other map settings as described here.