IGNORED

2005 R1200RT Front Rotors

Chester RT

Chester RT

Hi Guys

I'm in the process of replacing my front rotors. The current ones have fixed rivets. The problem I have is that there are two listed on the Max BMW fiche, different part numbers, I'm not sure which one I need. I've attached screen shots of the two rotors. Any help here would be really good.

Mike

Screenshot (6)-2.png

Screenshot (7)-2.png

dirtrider
1 hour ago, Chester RT said:

Hi Guys

I'm in the process of replacing my front rotors. The current ones have fixed rivets. The problem I have is that there are two listed on the Max BMW fiche, different part numbers, I'm not sure which one I need. I've attached screen shots of the two rotors. Any help here would be really good.

Mike

Evening Mike

That is a darn good question, the 2005-2006 was different BUT there were some service bulletins on the 05/06 with some updated parts so a number were updated with the retro-fit package. 

One of the differences is round head bolts vs flat head bolts. 

You just about need to match what you have now. 

Chester RT

Hi Dirtrider 

Thanks for that, been going round in circles. The rotors will be off on the weekend, and back to the dealers to have them matched up.

Thanks again

Mike E

dirtrider
1 hour ago, Chester RT said:

Hi Dirtrider 

Thanks for that, been going round in circles. The rotors will be off on the weekend, and back to the dealers to have them matched up.

Thanks again

Mike E

Morning  Chester RT

Be sure to take the rotor mounting parts with you as those were a big part of the change. 

@Chester RT, before you go off to the dealer, take a look at carpimoto.it.  They have genuine Brembo parts, and shipping from Italy is usually just 2-3 business days.  Their current price for a front rotor is €86.22 (~$93 US) vs dealer price of $390.

Their description for the front discs also has useful information to help you order the right parts.

dirtrider
1 hour ago, lkraus said:

@Chester RT, before you go off to the dealer, take a look at carpimoto.it.  They have genuine Brembo parts, and shipping from Italy is usually just 2-3 business days.  Their current price for a front rotor is €86.22 (~$93 US) vs dealer price of $390.

Their description for the front discs also has useful information to help you order the right parts.

Morning Larry

That would definitely be a money saver but he REALLY needs to figure out what he is working with. 

That site shows different front rotors for the 05, 06, & 07,  the latest  BMW parts book shows an all year fit rotor, AND an offset rotor package for the 1200RT.  I think it sort of boils down to what rivet/rotor package

he currently has. 

It might just take getting a new (correct)  attachment rivet package that goes with the brake rotors purchased.

Those 05 1200RT's had a lot of brake judder problems so BMW addressed some of that with replacement front wheels & a different (retro-fit) rivet package (but I'm not sure about what rotor goes with what)

Still a good deal but would be a real pain to return.