IGNORED

Rack for oem topcase?

Michelangelo

Michelangelo

I have a 2000 R1100RT with oem bags/top case. It would be so handy if I could mount a metal rack on top of the topcase. It has that odd slope to it and haven't found a rack that looks like it could work. Is there one or what options have yall come up with? 

dirtrider
3 hours ago, Michelangelo said:

I have a 2000 R1100RT with oem bags/top case. It would be so handy if I could mount a metal rack on top of the topcase. It has that odd slope to it and haven't found a rack that looks like it could work. Is there one or what options have yall come up with? 

Afternoon Michelangelo

The good news is that there IS one that fits almost perfect (probably was modified slightly in the leg fitment area) . The bad news is, I can't remember what one it is. 

I vaguely remember possibly the old 1200 GoldWing rear top box rack. 

I have definitely seen a few that looked pretty good.  

I have a friend that had a BMW 1100RT with a decent looking top rack (powder coated black), I gave him a call but unfortunately he bought the bike used & the rack was on the motorcycle when he bought it.

He is going to look for an old picture of that motorcycle when he gets home & gets a chance (he is out west on vacation right now).

With a decent picture we can probably figure out what it originally came off of.  

Hopefully someone on this board has added a rear rack to their 1150RT or 1100RT & can add better info. 

taylor1

I remember seeing those also in the past. Always thought that I would like one but never followed through. This may turn interesting

Redfoxx
55 minutes ago, dirtrider said:

Afternoon Michelangelo

The good news is that there IS one that fits almost perfect (probably was modified slightly in the leg fitment area) . The bad news is, I can't remember what one it is. 

I vaguely remember possibly the old 1200 GoldWing rear top box rack. 

I have definitely seen a few that looked pretty good.  

I have a friend that had a BMW 1100RT with a decent looking top rack (powder coated black), I gave him a call but unfortunately he bought the bike used & the rack was on the motorcycle when he bought it.

He is going to look for an old picture of that motorcycle when he gets home & gets a chance (he is out west on vacation right now).

With a decent picture we can probably figure out what it originally came off of.  

Hopefully someone on this board has added a rear rack to their 1150RT or 1100RT & can add better info. 

DR

When I had my 86 1200 wing, I put trunk rack on, legs are all close to same length front to back. I believe the one I had was Drag Specialties. I would be it would be real close to fitting a BMW,  the rack may not sit as level. 

RF