IGNORED

Bike comparison - 2007 K 1200 Sport vs. 2015 R 1200GS

Roger61

Roger61

I currently own the 2007 K 1200 Sport. The arthritis in my hands limits time in the saddle, but otherwise this bike is great. Anyone with knowledge experience with the R 1200 GS as well as the K 1200 Sport can compare the two for comfort in saddle and load on the hands, as well as ride and quickness? I have an opportunuty to trade. Thanks!

dirtrider
34 minutes ago, Roger61 said:

I currently own the 2007 K 1200 Sport. The arthritis in my hands limits time in the saddle, but otherwise this bike is great. Anyone with knowledge experience with the R 1200 GS as well as the K 1200 Sport can compare the two for comfort in saddle and load on the hands, as well as ride and quickness? I have an opportunuty to trade. Thanks!

Afternoon Roger61

I can't comment on the K 1200 Sport but I have had a couple of 1200GS/GS-A bikes. 

On the GS or GS-A those are great to get comfortable on as there are a ton of handle bar risers, barbacks, & even aftermarket handlebars available to get it to fit just about anyone. Many seat options as well as number of foot peg options. 

To me the bike can be made comfortable but the down side is no cruise control (cruise control is a VERY BIG factor in long-time-in-the-saddle comfort).

I set mine up for off-road (standing up riding) so can't really give much input on comfort accessories.

There are a large number of GS / GS-A  riders that mostly ride on-road long distance so hopefully you will get some comfort comments as well as set up options for comfort. 

• Like 1

Roger61- according to the web site Cycle ergos your K1200 has a forward lean of 27 degrees, which for seasoned riders is a lot. The GS has a  more upright seating position which relieves the pressure on your back and wrists. Bottom line for me would  be how fast can I close the deal if the bike is in good shape. Good luck

• Like 1