IGNORED

2024 R1300GS Incoming

TSConver

TSConver

Signed the paperwork on a Green 719 R1300GS on Saturday.  Still being built at my dealer.  Will post pictures when it comes home.

R1250GS Rallye is listed in the sale section.

• Like 4
  • Plus 1 1
  • TSConver changed the title to 2024 R1300GS Incoming

Did ya get to test one first or just a leap of faith? They are way better looking in person, that’s for sure. :cool:

RandyShields
2 hours ago, TSConver said:

Signed the paperwork on a Green 719 R1300GS on Saturday. 

You da man!  I see a crowd around your new bike at many future events.

• Like 1
TSConver
25 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

Did ya get to test one first or just a leap of faith? They are way better looking in person, that’s for sure. :cool:

I took a test ride on one and that was a huge mistake.  The engine revs and pulls so smooth.  The quickshifter is like butter approaching the m1000rr quickshifter.  Slightly narrower than my current bike.  Just knew it was for me.

• Like 4
TSConver

Got it home today.  Going to ride it to SC for the BMW Performance Off Road School this week.

2024-03-19 18.11.26.jpg

2024-03-19 18.11.18.jpg

2024-03-19 18.11.10.jpg

• Like 11
TSConver

Scheduled for the free break in service a week from Saturday. Can't wait to really rip it.  It is so smooth and accelerates like a bat out of hell. Big difference from the 1250.

• Like 4
mickeym3

Careful riding that beauty home from Greenville, after the performance center course you’ll be whipped!  Ask me how I know….

• Like 1
  • Plus 1 1
TSConver
3 hours ago, mickeym3 said:

Careful riding that beauty home from Greenville, after the performance center course you’ll be whipped!  Ask me how I know….

We are staying an extra night.  Coming back the next day.

• Like 1
On 3/19/2024 at 6:27 PM, Skywagon said:

That’s a great looking bike. Digging those wheels

The green would not be my first choice (just personal preference) but if you do go green the gold wheels are a must they make that whole package pop !! 

Looks GREAT! 

Good luck.  Looking forward to seeing it at START. 

RandyShields
On 3/22/2024 at 2:46 PM, RTinNC said:

The green would not be my first choice

Love the green!  And, since we know you like to farkle-up, here's a cool looking and sounding accessory -- Akrapovic slip on:

Bing Videos

• Like 1
1 hour ago, RandyShields said:

Love the green!  And, since we know you like to farkle-up, here's a cool looking and sounding accessory -- Akrapovic slip on:

Bing Videos

But I did note that with the gold wheels the green really pops.    Gorgeous just not for me. 

That Akrapovic slip on does sound sweet ... under if the dual pipe version sounds as good?  I love the "look" of the dual pipe Akrapovic that BMW is offering.

But I guess I am a bit too practical to spend $1000 or more for an exhaust that sounds nice when the stock pipe sounds fine, looks fine and work perfectly.  The other question I have is would the sound of that pipe get on your nerves after a few hours on the road?   That is an issue I have seen other experience.  

But back the original issue ... Green 1300 ... yep it looks really pretty WITH the gold wheels :thumbsup:

12 hours ago, RTinNC said:

would the sound of that pipe get on your nerves after a few hours on the road?

My experience with Akro exhaust for BMWs is that they are quiet when cruising along with traffic. A bit throatier on acceleration but not noticeable otherwise..........But the cost of admission is high.

• Like 2

They look cool but would be hidden behind panniers 99% of the time.

very slight difference IMO. :dontknow:

• Like 1
1 hour ago, 9Mary7 said:

…......But the cost of admission is high.

For sure and that’s why I could never justify the cost.

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

They look cool but would be hidden behind panniers 99% of the time.

very slight difference IMO. :dontknow:

Yes a small difference in sound

• Like 1
wbw6cos

The real test of sound should be at, or around, 4,000 rpm's - under a load while accelerating.   :yes:

• Like 1
  • Smile 1
Hosstage
10 hours ago, RTinNC said:

For sure and that’s why I could never justify the cost.

You'd never survive in the Harley world!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Yup you are right there.  I’ve owned a few cruisers (Yamaha Royal Star, Honda Valkyrie, Suzuki 1200 Madura). All with stock pipes that for me sounded great.  But I rode for years with a great buddy who was a hardcore Harley guy.  Ran Reinhardt (sp?) on one bike and Vance & Hines 2 into 1 on the other.  Thankfully I always led on our tens of thousands miles together.  I could not stand riding behind those pipes. 😳. Oh and the cost of those pipes yikes! 

• Like 1
TSConver

Got the break in service done this morning. Flogged it hard afterwards. Power is definitely better all the way to redline. It is a beast

• Like 5

The Akra sounds awesome to me, being just slightly louder than stock, but enough difference that I can now hear the exhaust/engine a little at slow speeds with ear plugs, which I couldn't before. And at speed, I can hear the engine and exhaust at about the same volume, which is perfect, and more satisfying than just the engine, like before. As to why I paid a grand for it, it's because it looks awesome (dual pipes), and it goes perfectly with my bike (I got the black one). Another very important consideration is BMW tested it, and it didn't require any tuning (with the dB inserts in place, of course). Wish it was a bit lighter, but at least it's not any heavier than stock (I think only a pound or two lighter). And I wanted a relatively quiet and nice sounding exhaust, and nothing else matched my criteria, so it was worth it to me. Also remember we can recuperate a good chunk at resale, so it's not like the entire amount was wasted/spent. And finally, it looks and fits like OEM, meaning no freaking springs or bands (can't stand either one). Finally, I was surprised to see the 'off-road only' warning, since it's supposed to be within the federal noise emission limit, but maybe not everywhere. I remember seeing a piece of paper when I bought it to that effect, but lost it. But don't think anybody would get pulled over with that muffler, but maybe CA buyers might need something to that effect? I'm very happy with mine. By the way, that GS system looks nice, but I'm glad mine is just one piece, so you can see a little bit of the wheel:).

TSConver

Set up my Reckless 80 soft bag system today.  Made a bracket that bolts to the factory rear rack for the gnoblin  and comes off easy if I need to remove it.

I love mosko moto stuff.  Grade a quality.

20240330_174118.jpg

20240330_174122.jpg

20240330_174306.jpg

• Like 5

I do like the look of the dual pipe.  IF I was going to spend the money it would be the dual pipe version for all the reasons noted. 

24 minutes ago, RTinNC said:

I do like the look of the dual pipe

Absolutely!!!:18:

24 minutes ago, RandyShields said:

Good looking exhaust! Maybe some sound demos at Start?!

:5210: :4323:

• Like 1
  • Smile 1
  • Haha 1
TSConver

Proper tires installed. Got a Rabaconda and it worked great. If you are in RTP NC area and want to use it ping me.

20240404_081252.thumb.jpg.0db122f62b77f3f7134f15772ebee574.jpg20240404_081245.thumb.jpg.d929fe73a46779501a08e5856050b255.jpg

• Like 2

They look trail worthy! :thumbsup: 

I’m probably about halfway through my Dunlop Trailmax tires. (maybe a little more than half) and I liked them. Let us know how these feel on the road when you get a few miles on them. With the Heidenau K-60 tires I had before, off road they were great, on road, not so much. IMO, Dunlop came up with a really good compromise. But always looking for the next best thing. 

• Like 1
  • Dennis Andress featured this topic
BruinsFan

Safe travels in your journey for the trip of a lifetime. Sounds like  really really good time. Some guy have all the luck! 🤣 we'll be looking forward to scoping it out while your riding it when we're stopping for gas, stopping for a photo shoot with it being the center of the party. Ha! And then at night while everyone is still drooling over. Twist the grip off of it TSConver. Enjoy every minute 

fourteenfour

Probably a dumb question, but why did the BMW keep the 1250 when the 1300 GS is out?   

Typical roll out for a new engine platform is to introduce it first in a GS model, then in subsequent years other models get the new engine. I would guess it's a bit of a production line matter in getting the new engine line up to speed as well as a development limitation on how many new models they can update in a given time frame. The GS is the first probably because it is the most popular.

Redfoxx
On 3/17/2024 at 3:09 PM, TSConver said:

Signed the paperwork on a Green 719 R1300GS on Saturday.  Still being built at my dealer.  Will post pictures when it comes home.

R1250GS Rallye is listed in the sale section.

I kind of liked that color, I was thinking Greenbay Packer Bike :-) 

Cant wait to see real pictures of it.

Redfoxx
7 hours ago, fourteenfour said:

Probably a dumb question, but why did the BMW keep the 1250 when the 1300 GS is out?   

I was talking to dealer the 1250 will be gone next year. They overlapped production for a year. Must of had a lot of 1250 stuff laying around.

• Like 1
51 minutes ago, Redfoxx said:

I was talking to dealer the 1250 will be gone next year. They overlapped production for a year. Must of had a lot of 1250 stuff laying around.

That should help pricing on the unsold 1250's (with 1300's sitting on the same showroom floor.)

• Like 2
Redfoxx
3 hours ago, Stiggy said:

That should help pricing on the unsold 1250's (with 1300's sitting on the same showroom floor.)

That and first year of anything usually has issues.  I still like that green 1300 but , I guess I will stick with my 04 RT. Was looking at 04 GS but it  needs lots of TLC, and a fair amount of missing parts. And price is little high yet

Skywagon

Not unusual to have carry over years. I had a 2005 R1150RT, the same year they came out with the R1200RT

• Like 1
  • Dennis Andress unfeatured this topic
On 4/7/2024 at 9:58 AM, EdM said:

The GS is the first probably because it is the most popular.

Indeed. And the R is typically the last for the opposite reason. Ha ha. But I MUCH rather get an engine that has been out at least a year, so to me the delay is actually a good thing. I think BMW is only waiting a year now, so the R should also get the new engine next year, but we'll see. I personally have zero incentive to trade mine. It's so good that it's probably my last bike. Especially in naked R trim, it doesn't need any more power.

• Like 1

Got my Shad mount for my topcase.

It is a plate that replaces the vario mount. I added my goblin for my Reckless bags. Then put the shad bracket over the top onto the adapter plate. I can run my top case for committing then 4 bolts and the bracket is off and I can run my Reckless for offroad camping.

20240422_172723.thumb.jpg.c17fe7d24a1d2e3ff7a4b8cd5df37ad3.jpg20240422_172604.thumb.jpg.8ff29ae81dc703ae80c901edf2a24b67.jpg20240422_142330.thumb.jpg.e2f487d7bd991a74c3f6e5356fb939a3.jpg

• Like 2