IGNORED

2005 R1200ST Front Rotors

Sam Boychuk

Sam Boychuk

I am getting conflicting information, can someone tell me which rotors I need, would  like to go aftermarket as oem are expensive but not sure about fitment, are the floating spacers in my bolt holes removable or do rotors come with new ones? order those separately? would be nice to buy a decent reasonably priced set that just bolt on, thanks Sam.

I recommend carpimoto.it for genuine Brembo brake parts. OEM quality, much better prices than dealer or name-brand aftermarket.  Shipping has been fast, typically 2 to 3 business days from Italy to Ohio.

The bushings are removable, but I don't know if they can be reused or how to determine if they need replacement.

5 hours ago, Sam Boychuk said:

I am getting conflicting information, can someone tell me which rotors I need, would  like to go aftermarket as oem are expensive but not sure about fitment, are the floating spacers in my bolt holes removable or do rotors come with new ones? order those separately? would be nice to buy a decent reasonably priced set that just bolt on, thanks Sam.

On your bike the replacements will come with buttons and carriers installed so they will be just bolt on and go.

I agree with Larry as I have been getting a lot of bike stuff from Italy and service has been quick and at bargain prices.

TestPilot

Sam,

Some aftermarket rotors, such as those sold by Wunderlich, require the use of separate buttons and spring washers like the original rotors on your ST.