IGNORED

Nav V reverse route

Skywagon

After 10 years with basecamp and my Nav V....I thought I had pretty much mastered it...yet today it stumped me.  I built a 250 mile route in BaseCamp, downloaded it to my memory card on the

Nav V and road that route today.  No hiccups.  It was a very circuitous route through country roads.  After reaching my destination, I thought I would just invert the route on the NavV and track back.  Nope...could not figure out how to do the reverse course.  I'll play with the unit at home some and see if it can be done.  Education is appreciated.

Dennis Andress

Isn’t “reverse” when you sent it to Garmin for a new one?

• Smile 1

I don't believe the Nav V has an invert route option.   If Travel History was turned on,  there should be an active track saved of the outbound route. Select it in the Track app, tap the 3-bar menu, select "Save as Trip", and then "Finish to Start".  Might not work exactly due to conflicts with freeway ramps, divided highways, one-way streets, etc.

27 minutes ago, Skywagon said:

After 10 years with basecamp and my Nav V....I thought I had pretty much mastered it...yet today it stumped me.  I built a 250 mile route in BaseCamp, downloaded it to my memory card on the

Nav V and road that route today.  No hiccups.  It was a very circuitous route through country roads.  After reaching my destination, I thought I would just invert the route on the NavV and track back.  Nope...could not figure out how to do the reverse course.  I'll play with the unit at home some and see if it can be done.  Education is appreciated.

You can not “invert” or reverse a route in the Nav 5 or 6, or the Zumo 590/595/395 or 550.

You can invert the route in BaseCamp.

Yes, you can use your track to create a route, but the moment you are of route or if your GPS thinks you are of route, it will recalculate the route and take you directly, by the shortest possible way to your destination. Routes made from Tracks in the Garmin or BMW Nav 5/6 units have no waypoints or ViaPoints or shaping points.

That is one of the reasons I will duplicate and reverse the route in BaseCamp and then load both versions to my GPS if I think I may want to reverse the route on the road.

• Like 1
  • Plus 1 2
RandyShields

The best feature of the 376 not carried over to the "state of the art" Nav 5 and 6. Miss it.

The only thing you could really do is tell your GPS to display the tracks, it is a setting or you could call up the track in the Tracks app and have it displayed (select the menu button on the top left corner. Then ask it to show track on map, and select a color for the track, like green or blue. Then you can follow that track displayed on your GPS map screen. But you will not get directions. 

• Like 1
Skywagon

Thanks Bernie....I poked around on it when I got home.  Didn't see a way to reverse without using Basecamp.  I can't believe after 10 years with this unit this was the first trip I tried to do that.  I guess because I usually know where I am going.....not today...roads unknown.

What I was able to do was hit where to, and then put in a city I knew I had come from.  I remembered most of them, but not all.  Next time I load from Basecamp Ill invert and download to and fro.

• Like 1