IGNORED

94 RS1100 need guidance

Randall Stone

Randall Stone

Purchased this bike, has 24k miles , found a fuel assembly, but rear brake pedal goes to the ground. Where do I start, I can't bleed with no compression.

dirtrider
1 hour ago, Randall Stone said:

Purchased this bike, has 24k miles , found a fuel assembly, but rear brake pedal goes to the ground. Where do I start, I can't bleed with no compression.

Afternoon  Randall 

There is a rubber bladder type cup in the rear fluid reservoir, make sure you remove that as the fluid goes UNDER that bladder. 

Once you get the reservoir  properly filled with fluid then you might have to FIRST bleed at the master cylinder, then bleed at the top of the ABS pump, then go back & bleed at the caliper.

On the rear, you are pushing the fluid UP into the ABS pump so that can be a challenge on a dry brake system (the factory fills the rear brake system from the caliper bleeder).

It can help to open the rear bleed screw, then put a hose on the bleed screw, then terminate the hose in a container (water bottle works good for this). First put a little fluid in the container then terminate the hose end below the fluid level.

Then just leave the bleed screw open & pump the heck out of the pedal (full strokes) the hose ending below fluid level acts like a check valve allowing smooth continuous  fluid flow. 

Randall Stone

Awesome, I did figure and do all that and have full brakes now ty, just waiting on the fuel pump to arrive so I can see if it starts and everything works. Will keep you in the loop.

• Thanks 1
McTrucky

I have a simple hand pump vacuum bleed kit.  As long as you seal the nipple threads (by taking the nipple out and putting grease on the threads) this works well at pulling fluid through.  Much better than trying to pump through using the brahe lever. 

Very cheap on fleabay. 

• Plus 1 1
Randall Stone

Ty I used a medical feeding syringe and a piece of clear hose .. did a good job I think. We'll see when my fuel system comes in tomorrow. Glad to meet you and thanks for input😀

Randall Stone

Ty I used a medical feeding syringe and a piece of clear hose .. did a good job I think. We'll see when my fuel system comes in tomorrow. Glad to meet you and thanks for input😀