IGNORED

2014 BMW R 1200 RT

TEWKS

Embarrassingly low mileage on this Quartz Blue Metallic (one year color) RT. Top Case, Sargent seat, powder coated gloss black rims and graphics from a 2015 San Marino Blue paint scheme makes this RT a “Sport” before BMW had a Sport RT. :classic_biggrin:

Boxflyer did a service on it last summer, it does need tires but other than that it’s damn near perfect. 

$10,500 bucks is what I’m asking. I’ll take 10 because it needs tires. ;)

IMG_4764.jpeg

IMG_4763.jpeg

IMG_4762.jpeg

• Like 4

My cousin might be interested, but he wants a fully optioned bike that has never been down, and it has been properly serviced. Can you please list the options/packages it has (or what it hasn't), say if it's ever been down on a tip-over (or any other way), and post service/maintenance history/issues? Finally,  you might want to list all extras. I noticed some kind of valve covers you didn't mention, but not sure if they're just cosmetic, or protective (and brand). And hey, are you getting something else, or you're leaving motorcycling? Hopefully the former:grin:; you're very active here. I used to have a '14 identical to yours, so nice taste:D. Best of luck.

• Like 1

Thanks for the interest.

The covers are from R & G Racing. They are protective but at the cost of sacrificing themselves. They just looked cool. :cool: The initial dealer service at six hundred or so miles was done, annual oil changes and a full service from Brad, Boxflyer at about 9500 miles. He found nothing unusual or out of place. The bike has never been dropped, not a single boot mark on the panniers. 

It’s the best road motorcycle I’ve ever owned but my interest has been in adventure touring (GS) hence the low mileage. I would have sold it sooner but I still to this day love looking at it. And when I do ride it I say to myself, why would you ever think of selling it. :dontknow:

The bike is fully optioned for 2014, most of them came that way I believe. I don’t know the option number or name but it has everything offered at the time.

bendbill

Really a great looking ride, Pat, with low miles and good price.  Betcha it sells fast

• Like 2
  • Plus 1 2
  • Thanks 1
FL_RedWing

"fully optioned...I don’t know the option number or name but it has everything offered at the time."

Can you provide VIN so I may run it through BMW, or a decoder to determine options/packages? Seems like a good value especially with factory top case. [Or just PM me if you do not want to post]

Thanks!

George

• Like 1

I will PM you tomorrow. At work today, away from bike and or paperwork. 

• 2 weeks later...

BMWST Friday Night Special… :read: $9,500.00 :dance:It’s now cheaper than the mileage. :classic_biggrin:

• Like 6
hANNAbONE

...and tell me again why I'm not chasing after this one..?

• Haha 1
7 minutes ago, hANNAbONE said:

In less than a month you could fly and then ride it down to Newport Tennessee. Brad could probably set you up with some new tires before your ride back home. ;) I’m not only selling a motorcycle, I’m a travel agent and vacation planner. :rofl:

• Like 3
  • Plus 1 1
  • Smile 1
  • Haha 4
Limecreek
15 hours ago, hANNAbONE said:

John you'd love this bike. At your height it will be a little tight in the knee area but that is solved by lowering the pegs a bit.  

• Plus 1 1
  • Smile 1
hANNAbONE

welp..I've gotta sell my '23 Norden Expedition before I could climb on this beauty.

I'll post it on here and see what falls.....

• Like 2
Lone_RT_rider
On 3/27/2024 at 7:52 AM, Limecreek said:

John you'd love this bike. At your height it will be a little tight in the knee area but that is solved by lowering the pegs a bit.  

He's not that tall..... ;)  And yes, a peg lowering kit solves this issue. I love mine Heir Bonemeister.  Whether it's a short ride to dinner (last night) or heading to South GA with the FL crew (450 miles round trip) I never get tired of it.  

• Like 4
Limecreek
On 3/28/2024 at 9:05 AM, Lone_RT_rider said:

He's not that tall..... ;)  And yes, a peg lowering kit solves this issue. I love mine Heir Bonemeister.  Whether it's a short ride to dinner (last night) or heading to South GA with the FL crew (450 miles round trip) I never get tired of it.  

Everyone is tall when you are 68", but it does make the RT super comfy for us short folk. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, Limecreek said:

Everyone is tall when you are 68"

That’s a perfectly average height. My anger management therapist assured me of this. :dontknow: :spittake:

• Like 1
  • Smile 1
  • Haha 4