IGNORED

2012 rt brake bleed

jjpen

I put a short extension in my front brake line and am having a hard time getting the air out.  I am still getting bubbles at the master cylinder.  Any thoughts would sure be nice. Thanks

dirtrider
1 hour ago, jjpen said:

I put a short extension in my front brake line and am having a hard time getting the air out.  I am still getting bubbles at the master cylinder.  Any thoughts would sure be nice. Thanks

Afternoon  jjpen

You might have to do an "in place" bench bleed as the master cylinder probably has some air still trapped in it. 

Carefully move the hand lever just far enough to close off the take-up port hole in the bottom of the master cylinder reservoir.  Just move the lever about 1 inch or so, as you release the lever you will probably see small air bubbles coming out into the reservoir fluid. 

Do the above a number of times until the air bubbles stop coming out into the reservoir fluid. (don't move the lever too far on each stroke, just far enough to get the air bubbles to come out). 

Hosstage

Even after I do a successful bleed, I like to tie the lever down overnight, it just seems to get that last 1% dialed in and firm up the handle. Same with the foot pedal.

17 minutes ago, Hosstage said:

Even after I do a successful bleed, I like to tie the lever down overnight, it just seems to get that last 1% dialed in and firm up the handle. Same with the foot pedal.

I can't say I really notice any practical difference in firmness when riding, but it does pass the GS-911 bleed test with less effort.