IGNORED

lame excuses

Kermit_Karl

Kermit_Karl

It breaks my heart to see all the plans eveyone is making for Gunnison. After all the fun I had last year at Staunton I put Gunnison on my calendar and planned my entire summer around it, spent the winter adding farkles to the bike just for the trip, etc. Then the dreaded "W" word came into play -- a very important meeting that same week in NYC. D*mmit!

So... what's everyone else's lame excuse for not going?

Firefight911

The big "W" again!

Did the same; planned, set up for going, then the wife changes jobs and I come up for a promotion.

Oh, and then there was the mountain bike ride into oblivion that put me on the skids for a few weeks and ended up burning up some valuable accrued time off!

I lost Gunny and Chief Joseph this way. frown.gif

Now, it's going to be Death Valley in October and Torrey in September. thumbsup.gif

I was registered, unfortunately my father has been in the hospital since May 8th and his condition is so critical that I need to be here.

Work. I've been trying to hire this guy for months now but one thing after another conspired to mean that he started this week. A couple of weeks sooner or later and I would have had no problem with taking a week off. So, chalk it up to bad timing.

I was registered, unfortunately my father has been in the hospital since May 8th and his condition is so critical that I need to be here.

Tim,

Good luck with your father. Being there is far more important than the Un.

Regards,

Mike O

Tim, that's not lame.

You're right, I just meant that it was my excuse. I certainly didn't mean to say that it was a lame excuse.

Tim, that's not lame.

You're right, I just meant that it was my excuse. I certainly didn't mean to say that it was a lame excuse.

Sending some good karma his way Tim.

Kaisr thumbsup.gif

Dennis Andress

I'll take all the pictures I can so you can get some of the feeling of being there.

Lone_RT_rider

My lame excuse is work related, but not because of a project or anything. I started a new job on April 13th of this year and just don't have the vacation time to go. frown.gifcrazy.gif

Shawn

Dennis Andress
My lame excuse is work related, but not because of a project or anything. I started a new job on April 13th of this year and just don't have the vacation time to go. frown.gifcrazy.gif

Shawn

I need a new job. Its a great time to be looking but why did they all have to start calling three days before I leave? I'm holding out, the right job will wait (I hope...)

Dennis

Karl,

My "W" is pulling me into it's grasp and I'm fighting to keep free.

I know the moment I depart all will be better, but for now I envy you in a weird way.

I was all set to go and then my son's house in Cinnci which I became in charge of, sold and the closing and moving ofstuff conflicted.

And then there's work. As many of you know I don't really work, I just drive around and people throw $$ at me grin.gif.It says I'm self employed but Snap-on just changed their management system to a 4 man team style and the BIG meeting is on Monday. bncry.gif Being a senior dealer with 20 years of service the BIG guy asked me to show up.

All I want is to be left alone for 4 more years and retire so I'll attend and pretend I care. thumbsup.gif

However, I am leaving Chi on July 1st headed west to ??? wave.gifwave.gif

If anyone wants to ride along PM me. smile.gif

aTennesseebmw22

Karl,

Too bad you and Kermit can't make it this time....I was looking forward to following that little guy around again.

No lame excuses here I'll be leaving at sunrise tommorrow morning.

Archived