IGNORED

Givi V58NNT Painted

Mellow

As soon as Givi announced this top box I wanted it.  Just looks like it matches the RT perfectly.  The left and right panels and center black matches the tank styling IMO.

I painted a v46 top box Racing Blue Metallic from colorite.com and it came out surprisingly well so I figured I'd give this a shot.  The top box only comes in painted black and silver options.

Interestingly enough, when I started sanding the bottom panels w/800 grit sandpaper the paint started flaking off and I could use gorilla tape to pull off that tape... so, it would not have lasted long.. however, that bad givi paint job cut down some of my effort so that was good... sorta...

I primed and checked the surface, resanded a few areas, primed those and once it all looked good, did the base code x2, color x 3, clear x3 and some light wet sanding.... then, a little cut and polish.  It's a bit tedious but prep is the key, the sanding/primer is key to make sure you don't get any wrinkles or reactions w/givi paint that will ruin the whole job... so that's when you can stop and start over.  Then, just not heavy coats moving forward... also, for color, make sure you can take it out in the sunlight or use a very bright hand light to see that you have good coverage and no light areas.

I haven't wet-sanded in these pics yet so you still se a lot of orange-peel texture.

20240303_083346.thumb.jpg.ca9ae4d58ff306f3f0dff4b30789ccf4.jpg20240303_083339.thumb.jpg.b86938342000f9b6e1d20331ba4c58be.jpg

• Like 6
Skywagon

Mellow.. that box looks nice and you are quite talented with paint. Posts up final when you can. Does it have lights?

What part of Texas?

15 minutes ago, Skywagon said:

Mellow.. that box looks nice and you are quite talented with paint. Posts up final when you can. Does it have lights?

What part of Texas?

Thanks, lots of trial and error - with more of the error... It won't look much different than it does now, just smoother.  Admore hasn't come out w/lighting kit yet but they said it was 6-8 weeks out but the top chrome strip has openings that should allow for a nice light setup.

I'm in the Dallas area - Carrollton.