IGNORED

If I like one, why wouldn’t I like two even more.

MoPops

I have a 2011 RT, and really like it.  I’ve only had it a year, and put 12,000 miles on it.  Trouble free so far, but still only 30,000 miles.  
Well, the plan is to ride to Alaska this summer.  Possibly up to TUK, depending on the weather (rain). I don’t want to trash the RT.  I have an 02 1150GSA, but I’m afraid I just don’t trust it, or really trust my mechanical skills, to ride 12,000 hard miles. So I looked around and found a 2012 GSA about twelve miles away.. Set up how I want it, and a whopping 15,000 miles on it.  Hoping to keep maintenance to a minimum. I’m staying with a camhead.  I guess you could say I’m really drinking the cool aid now.. Ha! 

IMG_0153.png

IMG_6092.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Plus 1 1

Just check your perishables, like rubber based parts for age related material breakdown. Other than that camheads live forever!

• Plus 1 1
  • Smile 1
szurszewski

Congrats on the purchase - I posted in your thread on ADV as well, but didn't see that you'd picked up the "new" bike. :)

• Thanks 1
6 hours ago, szurszewski said:

Congrats on the purchase - I posted in your thread on ADV as well, but didn't see that you'd picked up the "new" bike. :)

I guess I’m just not one to waste time.  I test rode it today, and bought it.  I did find one similar, and less $$. But more miles, and not nearly as well cared for.   It just amazes me how light the GSA felt compared to my RT.  I did take the test drive with the windshield in the lowest position and no boxes.  I imagine that had a lot to do with it.   It it also felt like I was going faster than I was.   On the RT on the way home, I just couldn’t believe how peaceful it was.  Same engine, just very different performance.   

• Like 1

2012 regular GS here. I’ve been trying to rid myself of the darn thing for years. Newer, better, faster, shinier. I’ve failed with my bucket of excuses. It’s been a flawless motorcycle! :thumbsup: 

If I had the adv model like yours, I wouldn’t need my RT that I don’t really need anyway. :spittake:

IMG_3604.thumb.jpeg.6b9fbe3a1e7ffcaa9c2667d466345a82.jpeg

• Plus 1 1
RandyShields
On 3/4/2024 at 7:04 PM, MoPops said:

I test rode it today, and bought it.

Good for you.  Great bike, and the engine isn't even broke in yet.  But I do love that color on your RT!

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/6/2024 at 1:19 PM, TEWKS said:

2012 regular GS here. I’ve been trying to rid myself of the darn thing for years. Newer, better, faster, shinier. I’ve failed with my bucket of excuses. It’s been a flawless motorcycle! :thumbsup: 

If I had the adv model like yours, I wouldn’t need my RT that I don’t really need anyway. :spittake:

IMG_3604.thumb.jpeg.6b9fbe3a1e7ffcaa9c2667d466345a82.jpeg

Ha!  Don’t say things like that! That RT is too nice to part with.  But like any kid with a new toy, I’m riding the new to me 12 GSA every time.  Sold and delivered my old 02 1150 GSA yesterday.  Down to 2 bikes.  Wife is happy.. 

• Like 1
On 3/6/2024 at 3:20 PM, RandyShields said:

Good for you.  Great bike, and the engine isn't even broke in yet.  But I do love that color on your RT!

Thanks.  I get more compliments on that bike.  When I bought it, I liked everything about it, but the color.  Then when I got to Nashville to pick it up, I was very pleased.  It looked baby blue in the ad. Maybe that’s why it was still for sale.   

• Like 1

I've wanted a GS for years  , but couldn't really afford 2 bikes  .  I loved my camhead RT so much  , but man I  nearly cooked in the warm weather here in Australia  . Anything over 25 degrees Celsius was too warm .  I sold it to a mate who absolutely loves it  ( after bagging me for years for riding an old man's bike )  . I bought a  2013 GS LC  .

It's a nice bike and suits my riding well  , but I still miss that camhead  . Often think I should have gone the camhead again  . 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1