IGNORED

Saddlebag compatible

Jharpphoto

Jharpphoto

Will saddlebags from an  ‘03 R1150RT fit a 2013 R1200 RT?

greiffster

Factory bags?, not a chance.

...although I've been wrong before.

Jharpphoto

That’s what I was afraid of. I guess I’ll start looking at aftermarket side cases for my ‘ RT. I can’t bring myself to spend $1,300 for 1 factory BMW side case.

14 hours ago, Jharpphoto said:

That’s what I was afraid of. I guess I’ll start looking at aftermarket side cases for my ‘ RT. I can’t bring myself to spend $1,300 for 1 factory BMW side case.

No, they won't fit but I believe all Hexhead as well as Camhead RT cases will. Keep an eye on our "for sale" listings as well as the usual media sites. They do come up for sale. I even found the correct color case lid (NOS) on eBay a couple years back.

rockitcity

Are yours missing or damaged?  They came with all the bikes, so unless yours were wrecked, stolen or sold by a previous owner, they should be there.  But, as others mentioned, they do come up for sale, usually one side or the other though.

duckhawk64

I think if you're patient you'll find on, but the paint probably won't match. Enough bikes get totalled each year. I'd check European suppliers, etc. 

Personally,  I'd prefer them  not to be painted when stock like they used to do, because they always get all scratched up with use. 

I usually only use a top box for my commuting and neighborhood riding for streamlining and narrow center of gravity. 

Best of luck.

See link. https://www.ebay.com/itm/335103968357

Jharpphoto

Thanks for that eBay link. Unfortunately that is for a 2014 model and don’t think that is compatible with my 2013 model.

Jharpphoto
37 minutes ago, duckhawk64 said:

Max's bmw has a set.$1215 or besslt offer. 

Can you share a link to the cases on Max BMW? I’m digging around their site and don’t see the cases you are referring to.

8 hours ago, Jharpphoto said:

any chance those wet head bags would fit my camhead?

More chance for you to win lotto. Even if you don't play. Vastly different apart numbers and the structure is different too.

• Plus 1 1
beemer chuck

Looks like the bags from the K1200 and 1300 GT also fit onto the R1200RT. 

• 3 weeks later...
Jharpphoto

I found these side cases on eBay and wondering if they will fit my bike. Looks like they are from a 2004 RT. Will These fit my 2013 RT?

beemer chuck
Jharpphoto