IGNORED

New Kid On The Block

TEWKS

CFMOTO has been in the ATV business for a while now and building a reputation as a quality built machine. Now entering the lightweight adventure touring segment with the 450 mt. :yes: I see the perfect compromise between dirt roads and highway travel in this bike. I haven’t caught the price yet, but think an $8,000.00 sticker would make this unknown a worthwhile gamble. 

1 minute ago, 9Mary7 said:

Looks like a straight rip off copy of Honda's new NX 500........

China isn’t known to do that. :read: :spittake:

• Like 1
  • Smile 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thinking 1

Hey, a lot of crap that you might not even realize is made in China. If you don't want anything made in China, you wouldn't have a phone, car, electronics, appliances, and even clothes. So think again. Ha ha.

And same analogy if you don't want to get tracked; as much as we turn off 'location services', and block cookies, if we want to have phones,TVs, and internet, we're still getting tracked, whether we like it or not:D.

81delorean

CFmoto has been making a name for itself for several years now. Personally I would buy one of their side x sides or 4-wheelers before I would but another brand. If I didn't already have a motorcycle and was looking to get into it or maybe upgrade to a new bike, I think I would look pretty hard at a cfmoto bike as well. Yeah they're headquartered in China, made in China, Thailand or soon to be Mexico too and I bet in a few years probably India like a lot of other manufacturers. Harley guys are buying the Harley X440 because it's a Harley and they're American, but it's made in China too.  I will guarantee that everyone has products in their house that are made in China, people just need to decide on how big of a hypocrite one wants to be. 

• Like 3

Can't get into the reasons for my choices on this forum anymore.  Never said I don't or won't buy anything from China.  It's near impossible to buy some products that are not made in China.  Solar panels for instance.  Just sayin' if and when I have a choice, I choose not to buy Chinese manufactured products.  Doesn't make me a hypocrite.  I express my values with my choice in purchases.  I ride a BMW.  For all I know, some of the components are made in China.  Not as many as the CFMOTO. 

• Like 2
  • Plus 1 1
On 2/25/2024 at 3:12 PM, 81delorean said:

Harley guys are buying the Harley X440 because it's a Harley and they're American,

Which Harley guys? I do not believe it is sold in the United States. Or Europe. It is only American in name, produced in India, not China. Doubtful it is purchased by "Harley Guys" in Asia, but purchased by riders who have never owned a Harley. If it is not a decent product, it will not survive there.

• Plus 1 1

I remember when the CF Moto bikes first came here to the US, they were relatively cheap, of unknown quality, and hard to find shops to work on them. They were being sold at a local hardware store, which was the only place I know that worked on them around here.

Zhejiang Chunfeng Power Co., Ltd., [a] commonly known by its trade name CFMoto, [b] is a Chinese manufacturer of engines, motorcycles, all-terrain vehicles, quadricycles, quads, and yachts headquartered in Hangzhou, Zhejiang, China.

6 hours ago, Red said:

Zhejiang Chunfeng Power Co., Ltd., [a] commonly known by its trade name CFMoto, [b] is a Chinese manufacturer of engines, motorcycles, all-terrain vehicles, quadricycles, quads, and yachts headquartered in Hangzhou, Zhejiang, China.

If this is in response to my statement about the Harley x440:

"the Harley-Davidson X440 is manufactured in Hero MotoCorp's factory called the Garden Factory located at Neemrana in the northern Indian state of Rajasthan.Oct 18, 2023"

If it is not in response to my statement, please disregard.

Many KTM bikes are also being made in China now (before it was India), like the 790 Duke. And most Huskvarnas too, I believe. My problem with China is quality could be from great to crap; you never know.

• Like 1