IGNORED

2011 K1300S Handgaurds

Paddlecrab

dirtrider
11 hours ago, Paddlecrab said:

Hi All, Does anyone know a brand of handgaurd that can fit my bike?

Thanks

Afternoon  Paddlecrab

There are a few, what are you looking for?

A real handguard (hand/lever protector against hand or lever damage from tree limbs, road hazards, & tip overs)? 

Or, more of just basic wind protectors to keep the cold air off of your hands. More air protection than actual damage protection?

Paddlecrab

I am after wind protection from the cold. I hope you can help, there are so many handgaurds out there, but I'm not sure which ones will fit. Thanks.

Watching with interest.

Not much room on our bars to mount handguards. I figured it was going to have to be something custom fabricated, and that's where I ran out of ideas. And talent.

20240225_185525.jpg

dirtrider
13 hours ago, Paddlecrab said:

I am after wind protection from the cold. I hope you can help, there are so many handgaurds out there, but I'm not sure which ones will fit. Thanks.

Morning Paddlecrab

I am not familiar with the larger wind protection type.  The only ones I have seen (in use) are the single attachment bar-end/lever protection type. 

I'm pretty sure you could make some of the universal larger types work but that will probably take some modification & fabrication. 

You might start by calling   "Acerbis"  as they offer a lot of hand guard options. Possibly they have something that will fit or work with your limited mounting space. 

If you are looking for REAL cold weather protection (snowmobile type cold), the old vintage Vetter Hippo Hands will do the job.  The newer versions sure look nicer than the '70's version but may be drafty.

I've wished for these on my K13S, too.

https://motocampnerd.com/products/hippo-hands-backcountry?variant=44248210866415&currency=USD&utm_medium=product_sync&utm_source=google&utm_content=sag_organic&utm_campaign=sag_organic&gad_source=1&gclid=CjwKCAiArfauBhApEiwAeoB7qOEest1Lw-SAEdPrBSzmujZIbU6I0JKYlW4r6EQFnAN95dYZXO3qMBoCoucQAvD_BwE

image.png.8ca910cd383856117c45a35d1547a484.png

These KLIM units have a window so you can see your buttons, are not as drafty, and less $.

image.thumb.png.bff2647f277dd07e8bdeaeacaa332939.png