IGNORED

MotoGP

Skywagon

Season starts soon.....  Looks like the Japanese bikes aren't going to fair well again.  Fabio the best Yamaha down in 14 and Honda way down around 17-20.  I bet this will be Fabio's last year with Yamaha.

thumbnail.png

• Like 1

So the first 13 are Ducatis? Didn't know there were that many. Will be interesting to see Marc battle it out with Pecco. But as much as I'd like him to topple Rossi's record (he's a better rider IMO, and deserves it), I think he's past his prime. Too many nasty accidents, or he'd be over Rossi by now. But at that level, even 99% back in form is not enough. The guy to replace Marc is Jorge Martin IMO; he's a Marc 2.0. Ha ha. He even drags his shoulder (have you seen that? Impressive). But Pecco is hard to beat. He reminds me of Casey Stoner: Mature (no temper tantrums, super aggressive, impulsive, etc), smooth, and has the ability to adapt to the bike, rather than the bike  having to adapt to him. Barring accidents like Marc, he's not done winning championships IMO. Now with more races than ever, it should be an interesting season. Lots of excellent riders now.

chrisolson
1 hour ago, JCtx said:

So the first 13 are Ducatis?

Aprilia and KTM have 6 bikes in the top 12.  Most analysts see Pedro Acosta as the next Marc Marquez and with some luck and no crashes that could well be true....particularly if a slot opens at Ducati next year... or KTM makes some big steps forward.

It has the potential to be a very exciting year with multiple Ducati riders capable of winning and Aprilia and KTM not far away as spoilers.

That makes more sense. Ha ha. Thanks for that info. I got tired of getting ripped off with TV charges when all I watched was MotoGP and F1, so discontinued it. I saw MotoGP Unlimited on Prime, but they only did 2021, for some reason. Hope it comes back. And watch high-lights on MotoGP.com after races are over. Their video pass is too expensive IMO, so high-lights are enough for me. Anyway, glad KTM and Aprilia are now kicking Yamaha and Honda's arse. Ha ha. And of course Ducati too, which have been the fastest for a while.

Last year one of the major networks published GP a few hours after the race.  I think it was CBS but I don't remember.  The races were shown late in the afternoon and only the premier class.  They didnt show gp2 or 3.

It was CNBC that broadcast for most races on the schedule, COTA and maybe 1 or 2 others were on NBC. I presume it will be the same this year.

A good site to check times and broadcast network is www.tvracer.com, they have F1 info and a bunch of other series broadcast info.

It kicks off March 10th, round 1 in Qatar.

I subscribe to the GP schedule so I get to watch on demand all their races when I have time.  If I remember right it was $150 last year.  Thats the same as my NBA subscription.

chrisolson

It's definitely gone up over the years but for all the practice / qualifying times, Tissot Sprint and main races (all with no breaks) as well as historical races plus features, it is still is a bargain.

Looking forward to FP1 on March 8 !!

• Like 1