IGNORED

My Heavyweight Bout

Rinkydink

Rinkydink

The night b4 last a 90-100 lb. pit bull attacked our 13 lb. Malti-poo. He had him down by his throat and was seriously trying to kill him. Not today motherfu**er. I had to show that bastard he picked the wrong dog to attack. And I sure as hell did. Our little Cooper is injured but he is going to be ok. It was close but I was victorious. 67 years old is a little long in the tooth to be wrestling a pit bull. It happened so fast I didn’t have time to even think. Luckily he didn’t try to attack me. 

Pit Bulls are strong. Pit Bulls are quick. Pissed off 67 year old men are both! Next door neighbor’s dog is gone. It was either that or I was going to shoot him. 

IMG_6938.jpeg

IMG_6915.jpeg

• Sad 1

Glad it worked.. not too late to shoot him. They should never be loose. I wouldn’t hesitate to empty a couple of mags in him. 

I know I’m going o catch hell for my view on pittbulls, but I stand by they should be extinct. 

• Plus 1 4
Rinkydink

Neighbor’s 8 year old son didn’t close the fence gate securely. $1200 later for the emergency vet he is doing good. They are of course reimbursing us. 

• Like 1

Good job, similar thing happed to us about twenty years ago. I got bit in the mayhem of trying to get the pit off my dog. Hundreds of stitches in my dog’s hind leg.

Surprisingly the vet bill was only about $400 bucks. When I asked for reimbursement he told me to FO. Those two words cost him $20K. :spittake:

• Like 9

Wait until that mongrol eats the face of their 8 year old son...I bet their view on owning a pit changes after that.

• Plus 1 1
28 minutes ago, RandyShields said:

Were you able to collect?

Well there is a longer story to it but here’s the Reader’s Digest version. It took years, we received 5K and the lawyer got 15. The other guy represented himself and the court system bent over backwards dealing with his BS. In the end they ruled against him but he then turned around and sued the Bar Association (for what IDK) and won 20K. Probably just “go away” money. So he didn’t lose financially but he sure spent a lot of time in court. I think he actually enjoyed it so maybe he really did win. :dontknow:

• Like 1
Rinkydink
10 hours ago, Red said:

Did your dog leave your property or did the pit come onto your property?  

Pit came onto our property and snatched our dog up and ran back into their backyard. The dog is gone to another owner 2 hours distant. 

Rinkydink
9 hours ago, Skywagon said:

Wait until that mongrol eats the face of their 8 year old son...I bet their view on owning a pit changes after that.

Exactly what I told them. “The dog leaves immediately.”

We owned a dog (a mutt) that viciously bit my wife. It got put down that day. Were that pit mine, same fate. I'm not a fan of them. That doesn't mean there aren't some good ones out there, it's just not my type of dog, and far too many horrible stories about them.

• Like 2

I think the problem with pits is when they decide to bite,they are all in.There are many breeds with greater bite strength , just not the all, or nothing mentality.

• Like 4
  • Plus 1 1

I love all dogs EXCEPT pit bulls!  I used to be addicted to The People’s Court when it was on.  Nearly ALL dog attack cases involved Pitt Bulls.  

When I first moved to Charlotte, we lived in an apartment for about two years. At the time we had our 60 pound lab Shepherd mix. One day when walking her, the neighbors pitbull got loose and attacked our dog. Thankfully, she was big enough to fend him off and escaped with only a small puncture wound. I wanted to file a report with the police, but my wife insisted we just let it go. In hindsight, I would definitely take action against the dog. 

So happy your dog is ok. 

Rinkydink

The husband told me I should’ve just shot the dog. If I’d left to get my gun my dog would be dead right now. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Rinkydink said:

The husband told me I should’ve just shot the dog. If I’d left to get my gun my dog would be dead right now. 

Why would they give it to someone else knowing what it does?

And why would someone else take it?

• Like 1

According to the all knowing internet, "pits were originally bred for bull baiting, ratting, and dog fights."  Why the hell would anyone want a house pet bred for those traits?  Beyond me.  If I were king for a day all male pits born after Feb 29, 2024 regardless of country of origin would be castrated at 6 months of age.   Failure to do so would result in immediate neutering of current owner(s).

• Smile 1
Rinkydink
4 hours ago, Hosstage said:

Why would they give it to someone else knowing what it does?

And why would someone else take it?

As long as it’s out of my life I’m ok with it. And they have two infant girls 1 and 3 years old. Baffles the hell out of me. I just know I couldn’t go back to my wife and tell her that her baby didn’t make it. 

After it's second foray into my yard, I told my neighbor the next time they would have to carry their pitbull home.  5 years since and there hasn't been a 3th time.  No hard feelings on either side.

• Like 1
On 2/21/2024 at 7:41 AM, taylor1 said:

I think the problem with pits is when they decide to bite, they are all in.

And not only that, but they attack without warning. And they have a very short fuse. It's all in the genes, like somebody else said above. The only way to control those dogs is for somebody to ALWAYS play alfa. If you let your guard down even once, that's when they could attack somebody. Life's too short for that indeed. I feel bad for them, since basially all shelters are full of them, but that's for a reason. Oh, and basically all insurance companies do NOT insure those dogs (along with several other breeds, like rottweilers, dobermans, etc), so owners are on their own in case of a lawsuit. However, I don't know if your home insurance would cover your dog from a pitbull bite in your property.