IGNORED

Garmin In Messenger

Skywagon

Garmin has a new unit called In Reach Messenger.  I'm likely going to buy one.  For those of you who have the Garmin In Reach products, which monthly plan do you recommend?  The prices go from $15/month all the way up to $250/month for some pro versions.  See link below for pricing.  My planned use is to wear while riding and while boating/fishing.  I currently have a Resqlink PLB that is subscription free.

inReach® Consumer Subscription Plans | Garmin

• Skywagon changed the title to Garmin In Messenger

I do the consumer recreation level during riding season (up to 40 messages per month), and then suspend my subscription in the months I do not travel.  There is an annual fee as well.  When I traveled to Alaska in 2022, I only ended up using 3 or 4 messages sent/received.  So, $34.95 per month during travel season.  It is pretty slick sending a message from your phone to the unit via bluetooth, and then having the Inreach send the message over the satellite.  There is an annual charge of $34.95 charged to the freedom plans (the by month w/ the ability to suspend the subscriptions).  There is another item they will ask you about that I do pay $29.95 for annually, the Garmin SAR Insurance Plan.  Info found here:  https://support.garmin.com/en-US/?faq=avYgK25GBO4TyEkzrdVuu6